Saw this black one for sale

buddha93

Established Member
Wow, that Urbana car is still out there, eh?

I like that Pittsburgh car, but not the price.

WillyB93

Established Member
I like both of them but no sunroof on either one of them. The price of the Pittsburgh car is too high!! If I was going to spend that much on a black car I would buy the 4500 mis car in Illinois that has been for sale on ebay and 1993cobra.

UWISSSH

Underground 93 Guru
Established Member
I think the 93's are in a pivotal spot right now. They used to be the stang to have because they were fast, rare, cool, etc. Now they've aged and I think newcomers who didn't grow up around them could care less, they aren't the fastest, a lot of people don't know what they are, and many people won't don't understand think my car's "a box on wheels" :nono:

If you do like foxes and want to mod, you're going to buy a GT or LX 'cause they're way cheaper and you don't have worry about deflowering a rare car. So that leaves people willing to pay a premium for the Cobra and if it hasn't been modded you probably can't start at this point so you're buying one for show?

They may have come down in price a bit but they have really held their value well over the long run (decent ones). I think we're still years away from people wanting the nostalgia purchase but when the do and if the economy ever picks up, watch out!

Last edited:

CO9B3RA

Established Member
The market and most markets for that matter are cyclical. Right now is a buyers market , similar to the housing market. For me the 93 cobra is a nestalga thing, its the car i always wanted in high school and will always be special to me no matter how old I am. I didnt buy my car because it was fast so im not concered with the fact that it is considered slow by todays standards. I think that in 10-20 years these cars will be extreemly desirable and even more rare. Look at mustangs of the late 60's (boss/shelby,ect) and what large numbers they are fetching at auction. Im not nostradomus but Hang in there fellas, the market will come back!

The market could come back, I HOPE!, and, at present, the rarity "thing" is even more than the original 4993 93 street Cobra's. I haven't got present day figures but, a couple years ago insurance records of 93 Cobra "totals" was approaching 30%. That would say a couple years ago there were around 3600 left.....and shrinking even more to present. :(

Last edited:

WillyB93

Established Member
That would make it even better for you and I if and when you have one! I think alot of people knew that these cars would be a hot car so they held onto them when they first bought these cars.

BrettT 93|03

93 & 03 Cobra Venom
Established Member
The market could come back, I HOPE!, and, at present, the rarity "thing" is even more than the original 4993 93 street Cobra's. I haven't got present day figures but, a couple years ago insurance records of 93 Cobra "totals" was approaching 30%. That would say a couple years ago there were around 3600 left.....and shrinking even more to present. :(

How do you get a hold of that kind of info?

Does did insurance info display vin#'s to tell us how many color's, interior combo's, and cars with certain options are dead?

CO9B3RA

Established Member
I don't remember where I read it, on a Mustang site I'm thinking, and it was only 93 Cobra's in general with no mention of specific body colors/VIN's.

With all the market woes, lack of spending money et al, selling my 38k mile #629 original Teal at a loss hit the "back burner" as I will not give it away....even to a good home. My previous experience of selling too soon goes back to Shelbys: I sold 6S 008 for $14.5k and 6S 744 for $28.5K, both @ market at sale time....now look at the 65/66's even with a down market.

ducci610

Established Member
Completely agree with that. I missed out on it because I rushed in and bought a 92 gt a year early. Now Im on a hunt for that Teal that I saw in the show room that I saw a year later.

Ducci610.... did you buy that teal/blk cobra in the pic under your username from tunedin302?? If so, nice clean car.:beer:

Yup! its a beauty, well taken care of, couldn't pass it up

buddha93

Established Member
I don't remember where I read it, on a Mustang site I'm thinking, and it was only 93 Cobra's in general with no mention of specific body colors/VIN's.

With all the market woes, lack of spending money et al, selling my 38k mile #629 original Teal at a loss hit the "back burner" as I will not give it away....even to a good home. My previous experience of selling too soon goes back to Shelbys: I sold 6S 008 for $14.5k and 6S 744 for $28.5K, both @ market at sale time....now look at the 65/66's even with a down market.

I recall a dicussion with those numbers, however it didn't have any real data from any agency.......more of an educated guess.

Speaking of the old Shelby's, I'm well aware of the registry in which they pretty much know where they are all. Do they also have a site, or a number they can be reached at? I can't seem to find the correct one on the net.

BrettT 93|03

93 & 03 Cobra Venom
Established Member
Yup! its a beauty, well taken care of, couldn't pass it up

Congrats!!!!

I was aware of that car too for sale. If it had a Sunroof.....Ive probably have gone the distance on that one.

Again, congrats:beer:
Also glad to see it stay on the EAST COAST

Last edited:

WillyB93

Established Member
Well i have sold the bike, bought a new daily driver and sold my old daily driver all within a two week period whooo what a couple a weeks i have had!! Oh forgot to mention 66 hours of work the first week and 50 this past week all on top of this. Now the search is on like donky kong for the black on black with a roof!!!!

CO9B3RA

Established Member
...........Speaking of the old Shelby's, I'm well aware of the registry in which they pretty much know where they are all. Do they also have a site, or a number they can be reached at? I can't seem to find the correct one on the net.

Try google-ing "shelby american auto club." It's one of the better groups
and part of the history includes me in a couple of the older editions of their
hardbound registrys. :)

buddha93

Established Member
Try google-ing "shelby american auto club." It's one of the better groups
and part of the history includes me in a couple of the older editions of their
hardbound registrys. :)

Yep, that was the one I was looking for. I kept finding everything else for whatever reason. I noticed their newest edition coming out is 200 bones.

Is there any way of viewing the Registry itself, or is that a members only privilege? I'd like to see the layout and features.

CO9B3RA

Established Member
The Registrys for Shelby Mustangs, 1965 thru 1969 where 1970 was the selloff of the remaining 1969's, are fairly open. Either you look at someone's or buy your own....as I remember, when I was a Shelby owner I could buy a Registry though I can't remember if you had to be a SAAC paid member. The only thing they are EXTRA secretive about is the original Ford VIN of the Mustang officially turned to the Shelby VIN. It was the only way they could spot a fake where an owner/buyer could send in both VIN's to check validity of any Shelby Mustang. Hope that helps.

buddha93

Established Member
Ah, I see. Ya, I knew they were very careful with some of the VIN info, for good reason. Very interesting stuff. Thanks for the info!

03Black

Established Member
yeah its going to be a sunday driver, the only thing wrong with it was it had a small chip and clearcoat cracking in the rear bumper, didnt have original floor mats, and the cd player was broken but im fixing that now. besides that the car is real clean and drives real nice. the engine is healthy it made 240 hp and 292 tq the only thing done to it is i bumped up the timing

Users who are viewing this thread