scared to launch

josh2016

Established Member
i knew that using slicks was the safer route at the track and that running with DR's was risky. thats why i did idle launches and didnt power shift 2nd the first time. the second time i did power shift 2nd and thats when the halfshaft broke. one halfshaft from ford is $590 plus tax. to have a solid rear end fully built will cost me around $900 or less if i use the diff out of my IRS. so i figure Y not do the SRA swap and never have to worry about these problems again. then turn around and sell my IRS without the passenger side halfshaft for like $500 and make some of the money back. $500 is just a rough guess on the price of a IRS with only one halfshaft, idk how much its really worth now. maybe someone could give me an idea how much to sell it for.

Last edited:

Senkak

SVT Poster
Established Member
i knew that using slicks was the safer route at the track and that running with DR's was risky. thats why i did idle launches and didnt power shift 2nd the first time. the second time i did power shift 2nd and thats when the halfshaft broke. one halfshaft from ford is $590 plus tax. to have a solid rear end fully built will cost me around $900 or less if i use the diff out of my IRS. so i figure Y not do the SRA swap and never have to worry about these problems again. then turn around and sell my IRS without the passenger side halfshaft for like $500 and make some of the money back. $500 is just a rough guess on the price of a IRS with only one halfshaft, idk how much its really worth now. maybe someone could give me an idea how much to sell it for.

I disagree. I think is is much cheaper to buy used half shafts for a $100 each
then to build a solid.
I also wouldn't but a new half shaft.
Solids do break and present their own set of problems and draw backs.

The bottom line is whatever makes you happy.
Best of luck!

BTW: Are you going the the NMRA event at Bradenton this weekend?

josh2016

Established Member
I disagree. I think is is much cheaper to buy used half shafts for a $100 each
then to build a solid.
I also wouldn't but a new half shaft.
Solids do break and present their own set of problems and draw backs.

The bottom line is whatever makes you happy.
Best of luck!

BTW: Are you going the the NMRA event at Bradenton this weekend?

yes i will be at NMRA all weekend. i got a hotel. im going up friday afternoon and staying there till sunday after the event is over. obviously im not going to have my car there tho. ive looked all over for used halfshafts but had no luck. nothing on ebay, craigslist, junkyards, here, and other forum sights. if you know of anyone selling a used halfshaft let me know.:beer:

Senkak

SVT Poster
Established Member
yes i will be at NMRA all weekend. i got a hotel. im going up friday afternoon and staying there till sunday after the event is over. obviously im not going to have my car there tho. ive looked all over for used halfshafts but had no luck. nothing on ebay, craigslist, junkyards, here, and other forum sights. if you know of anyone selling a used halfshaft let me know.:beer:

I sold 2 half shafts a couple of months ago for $200.
I will be at NMRA with Justin and Rebecca from VMP Tuning.
Because of work I can't get out till early Saturday morning.
Stop by as hello!
My car is a black 03 Cobra vert and Rebbeccas ia a black 11 GT.

josh2016

Established Member
Stop by as hello!

send me a PM with ur name and number so i can find you when i get there.:beer:

03snakeminated

Established Member
Stop by as hello!

nice, ran becca's 11 gt yet? Would like to see a vid of those runs..:rockon:

josh2016

Established Member
I've ran a few of them and have yet to lose a race to them....until i broke my halfshaft that is. they are pretty fast tho. i was highly impressed.

Senkak

SVT Poster
Established Member
nice, ran becca's 11 gt yet? Would like to see a vid of those runs..:rockon:

Not yet . We will probalby race this weekend at NMRA.
With her and her car I am in over my head.

I've ran a few of them and have yet to lose a race to them....until i broke my halfshaft that is. they are pretty fast tho. i was highly impressed.

Becca's 11 GT runs 10.000@138. You may loose!!

josh2016

Established Member
Becca's 11 GT runs 10.000@138. You may loose!!

DAMN!!!! the few that i ran only had a few bolt ons....ya Becca would rape me lol. its always cool meeting a chick that drives a mustang, even better when she can drive it into the low 10's. Props to her BF :beer: My GF hates the fact that i spend more time and money on my car than i do her lol. she does enjoy WOT tho :rockon: first time i took her for a ride she sat there in shock, motionless with her mouth half open...then killed my right arm lol.

Senkak

SVT Poster
Established Member
DAMN!!!! the few that i ran only had a few bolt ons....ya Becca would rape me lol. its always cool meeting a chick that drives a mustang, even better when she can drive it into the low 10's. Props to her BF :beer: My GF hates the fact that i spend more time and money on my car than i do her lol. she does enjoy WOT tho :rockon: first time i took her for a ride she sat there in shock, motionless with her mouth half open...then killed my right arm lol.

Rebecca is an awesome drag racer and enthusiast.
It also helps to be married to one of the top tuners in the country.

03snakeminated

Established Member
Rebecca is an awesome drag racer and enthusiast.
It also helps to be married to one of the top tuners in the country.
:rockon: QFT , i need to stop been lazy, upgrade the pumps and have Justin retune from the sissy 35 to the hondah shot :burnout:

Last edited:

josh2016

Established Member
once i get a halfshaft or a SRA whichever comes first im gunna have to take my car there to get tuned. i have a Bama tune in my car now and its acting a little weird. if im at WOT in 3rd or 4th the car will die once i let off the gas. the only code im getting is IAT sensor crkt high imput. i replaced it twice...still getting the same code. i doubt that is what is causing the car to die tho.

Users who are viewing this thread