S'Charged Silverado SS and BPU GTP

281cubes

Wish I Had an SVT
Ran into a black Silverado SS the other night. I was behind it and she was quite loud so I moved in to investigate. Shortly thereafter, I made my move to the far right lane due to my need to make an upcoming turn. As I passed, I made a little noise to see what was cookin'.:D Sure enough, he followed me around the corner. I left it in first just in case of a fly-by. Well, he swung the corner and realized that I was waiting for him, so he drilled it and began passing me on my left, which is when I heard the unmistakable sound of a blower. :rockon: By the time I could react, he had already put a half car on me and was pulling pretty hard, so I didn't bother running too far after him. He then slowed down to where we were next to each other. We exchanged thumbs up and proceeded to make a 50mph roll. He jumped maybe a quarter car, but as speeds increased, I began to pull slowly (aerodynamics baby!). Well into fourth, I had put a little distance between us, maybe a car length. Hats off to a quick truck.:rolling:

Old friend of mine picked up a pullied, intake, ecu, cat-back GTP last year. He made a point of telling me that it would likely outrun my little Mustang. :shrug: Long story short, I ran into him tonight on my way home and he wanted to run 'em. I, packing the DR's, requested to go from a stop. He agreed. Got him hard outta the hole and never looked back. Took it to ~80. Not sure how far back he was, but I couldn't hear his blower from ~60mph and beyond.:pepper: Felt good to quiet the s h i t talker. :burnout:

Later
P-M

evo connevo

Established Member
The silverados aren't that fast stock and 97mph in the 1/4 should certainly be enough to pull one from a roll.

bmfgsxr

Established Member
i bet that silverado from a dig is a 13 second truck though.. running from a 50 roll isnt going to help it much.. but good kills man.

SlwSVT

Established Member
You raced all the way to 80mph? Wow, just about a 1/8 mile. Good job knowing your strengths. I just hope you did not throw the hazards on after that 80mph romp. Curious to see if that GTP would pull you up top. They run pretty decent with a pulley upgrade and so on.

281cubes

Wish I Had an SVT
SlwSVT said:
You raced all the way to 80mph? Wow, just about a 1/8 mile. Good job knowing your strengths. I just hope you did not throw the hazards on after that 80mph romp. Curious to see if that GTP would pull you up top. They run pretty decent with a pulley upgrade and so on.

Seems a little unnecessarily sarcastic, but I stopped at ~80 cause I ran out of room (bend in the road) and no on the hazards. :nonono:

Thanks to everyone else. I agree in that the SS would have been interesting from a dig. Maybe I'll see him again sometime.:beer:

dredg9

Established Member
if all your buddy has its intake and a catback on the gtp he probably would be faster on the stock pulley with all the Kr hes probably seeing. Nice kills regardless.

281cubes

Wish I Had an SVT
dredg9 said:
if all your buddy has its intake and a catback on the gtp he probably would be faster on the stock pulley with all the Kr hes probably seeing. Nice kills regardless.

I'm not 100% sure that's all he has. He bought the car with the mods so I doubt he knows for sure either. Assuming it was done right, he should have colder plugs, u-bend delete, and a colder thermo, but I can't be sure. I'll definitely see him again sometime and now we have something to talk about.:D

Users who are viewing this thread