Screaming Maggie & Burnouts in Germany

LSWONGTO

Boosted Goat
Established Member
The weather starting getting very nice here lately. So I ended taking my German friends for a couple rides in the car, both own R33 Skylines. They are now American Muscle converts lol. They seriously loved the instant tq and whine the Eaton/Maggie delivers.

Maggied GTO Playtime - YouTube

big reg

Gets his shit pushed in
Established Member
Sounds great man. Like I said in your kill thread, I'm a huge GTO fan. Very under appreciated cars. That thing will scream on 10psi. Do you have E85 over there?

LSWONGTO

Boosted Goat
Established Member
Last edited:

LSWONGTO

Boosted Goat
Established Member
Car sounds great I will be on the look out around here for you!

Sweet, most of the time I drive my crappy Opel Corsa, the people on base have door dinged the hell out of the Goat. I love the new 5.0s, my wife had to talk me out of buying one lol. She said I would spend all our money on mods :shrug: See you around, John.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I love your GTO! Sounds really, really great. Love the whine. If I close my eyes I swear I'm hearing a Terminator. LOL.

BV600

Established Member
Sounds good, I killed my Maggie GTO in Germany.... Didn't like the autobahn.

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member
I would like to but I can't post attachments on SVTP..

Here are some pictures of it and the Skylines I met up with. Beautiful Marauder btw, it must be a lot of fun with the Eaton and 4:10s :)

GTO & Skylines date night in Germany - LS1GTO.com Forums

Looks like fun, can't say I get to roll around with skylines all the time :beer:

Have you ever run into any monaros over there? I know they were only sold in the UK but I figure a few could have made the journey around Europe.

have you had your goat on the ring yet? I have been reading ls1gto (since I'm thinking of picking up a 05-06 as a DD) and I posted blackbob's goat pictures to oppositelock. 30 minutes later he found me and left a comment :D

Goat on the ring

Here are some pictures of it and the Skylines I met up with. Beautiful Marauder btw, it must be a lot of fun with the Eaton and 4:10s :)

Thanks, it moves pretty good now compared to when I first got it. I'm hoping to hit 11's on the stock long block. I know it has it in there somewhere.

LSWONGTO

Boosted Goat
Established Member
I love your GTO! Sounds really, really great. Love the whine. If I close my eyes I swear I'm hearing a Terminator. LOL.

Ah the sound of an Eaton at work :) My old room mate sold his WS6 and bought an 03 Cobra, once I felt the instant torque and heard the whine, I knew I need that in my life. I bought a Maggie the next time I was deployed and have loved it since 2010.

Man that thing sounds so good. What's the exhaust setup?

Thanks a lot man! It has Kooks 1 3/4 LTs catless mids and a Magnaflow catback.

Sounds good, I killed my Maggie GTO in Germany.... Didn't like the autobahn.

That sucks... My friend Travis had a RoushTVS2300 2011 5.0, that threw a rod right after the race wars competition. He ended up getting a blow by racing 5.3 and now is rocking a F1R iirc.

Looks like fun, can't say I get to roll around with skylines all the time :beer:

Have you ever run into any monaros over there? I know they were only sold in the UK but I figure a few could have made the journey around Europe.

have you had your goat on the ring yet? I have been reading ls1gto (since I'm thinking of picking up a 05-06 as a DD) and I posted blackbob's goat pictures to oppositelock. 30 minutes later he found me and left a comment :D

Goat on the ring

Thanks, it moves pretty good now compared to when I first got it. I'm hoping to hit 11's on the stock long block. I know it has it in there somewhere.

I have seen a yellow one in Belgium but he was going the other way so we didn't get to talk. I have put my LS2 through hell and back, it has been sprayed on a 150 shot for 2 years and boosted for 4.. So I rented an Audi with a friend and beat the piss out of it on the ring. It was the most fun I have ever had in a car. Honestly, you have to drive at least 2 laps on the track before you die. Bob is really Cardea, he is actually coming up here next week to buy my fiberglass cowl hood. Awesome guy and is supposed to come back in may for a large car meet. There is honestly nothing like owning a goat, tons of strange looks :D If you can get an 05-06, buy a Svede otrcai or Vararam intake, Kooks/ARH headers and an MGW-P shifter. Best mods I ever did and not to much money, the headers were kind of pricey but so worth it. That's funny because I was looking at buying a Marauder when we move back to the states. SW longtubes and a used trilogy kit :beer:

Thanks man, John

Last edited:

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member
That's funny because I was looking at buying a Marauder when we move back to the states. SW longtubes and a used trilogy kit :beer:

Lucky for you, GTO's are worth more than marauders, so you can find a nice one for the price of a high mile LS2 car.

Also trilogy's aren't made anymore so unless you find a car with one, you gotta go the route I did :read:

I've been reading some of the common problems with these cars. They sound more reliable than my other options, which is a e39 M5 or a S60R, but I like some of the people who said they're around 75-100k miles and have blown an engine and 3 transmissions :lol:. I detailed an 04 IBM A4 with a SAP conversion and 18" monaro wheels. Drivetrain wise it was bone stock, the car only had 50k miles on it and it drove fantastic. Not a squeak or a rattle, and the only issue the car ever had was a drivers wheel hub going bad. Hopefully I can find one like that in an 05/06 M6 form and I'll be set.

LSWONGTO

Boosted Goat
Established Member
Lucky for you, GTO's are worth more than marauders, so you can find a nice one for the price of a high mile LS2 car.

Also trilogy's aren't made anymore so unless you find a car with one, you gotta go the route I did :read:

I've been reading some of the common problems with these cars. They sound more reliable than my other options, which is a e39 M5 or a S60R, but I like some of the people who said they're around 75-100k miles and have blown an engine and 3 transmissions :lol:. I detailed an 04 IBM A4 with a SAP conversion and 18" monaro wheels. Drivetrain wise it was bone stock, the car only had 50k miles on it and it drove fantastic. Not a squeak or a rattle, and the only issue the car ever had was a drivers wheel hub going bad. Hopefully I can find one like that in an 05/06 M6 form and I'll be set.

After being in Germany for three years I will stay far, far away from BMWs.. I really like the S60R too, iirc those cars have trans and front diff problems and they're pricey to fix. My friend in high school drove his moms older 99-00 Grand Marquis and we had a shit load of fun in that boat. It was much slower than my STS Cadillac but it was a shit ton of fun. I could only imagine a M112 swapped 4V Marauder :) I really like the 94-96 Impala SS, but it is tough to find one that is not headed for the cover of Donk Magazine... The only problem I have had from new to 70K miles is the front tire wear, RR bushings cured that, and wheel hop from hell. No other GTO had wheel hop as bad as mine. Gforce1320 axles fixed that though :)

03cobraracer

Established Member
looks like u had some fun man! im over in grafenwoehr Germany right now but sadly my car is in the states so im stuck driving my suv and my wifes bmw 520i... I wanna hit up the ring so bad but I don't have anything worth taking there. im about to rent an audi or something as well cause I cant leave this country without driving on it, would be a total sin... can you just rent any old car and drive it on there? if you head down the way let me know ill try to tag along if im not working. I leave in 4 months so I gotta get it done!

BV600

Established Member
That sucks... My friend Travis had a RoushTVS2300 2011 5.0, that threw a rod right after the race wars competition. He ended up getting a blow by racing 5.3 and now is rocking a F1R iirc.

I raced travis at race wars but I was seeing belt slip on my 12 5.0. I think it was that weekend his motor let go

LSWONGTO

Boosted Goat
Established Member
looks like u had some fun man! im over in grafenwoehr Germany right now but sadly my car is in the states so im stuck driving my suv and my wifes bmw 520i... I wanna hit up the ring so bad but I don't have anything worth taking there. im about to rent an audi or something as well cause I cant leave this country without driving on it, would be a total sin... can you just rent any old car and drive it on there? if you head down the way let me know ill try to tag along if im not working. I leave in 4 months so I gotta get it done!

Before my friend seperated, we rented an Audi TT-S from the place in the KMCC and paid 96euro for 4 laps :) There are cars that you can rent at the ring too. I should be PCSing this summer also, they didn't do any inspection or anything like going to the drag strip back in the states.

I raced travis at race wars but I was seeing belt slip on my 12 5.0. I think it was that weekend his motor let go

That was Trav, his car is going to be stupid fast now with the auto swap complete.. I don't know where he gets the $$ for all those mods.. He must sell meth on the side lol.

Users who are viewing this thread