sct tune and codes

MR.SCOOPINATOR

Established Member
i have a sct tune by mail . ran fine for about 100 miles then check engine lite came on heres the codes i had p0234 over boost condition. p1000 old stytem readiness not completed. p0352 -54-55-58 ingnition coil primary- secondary ckt so i cleared them took the car out for about 6 miles the codes didnt come back. But it still feels like a misfire at about 1800 rpms. i hate tuning dam cars. its a pain in the ass, lol if anybody knows what this stuff means . do tell thanks.During the 6 mile drive i didnt go into boost just drove normal. Car starts fine no smoke just a little puder at 1800 rmps. thanks mods on my car are 65 mm bbk throttle body cold air intake and exhaust

Last edited:

MR.SCOOPINATOR

Established Member
its going to the tuner on monday, he said could be a bad plud or worst case bad piston. but i noticed the misfire on start up when we took it for itd first cruz and got the car up to about 1800 rpms.

EvilBlack

04 Sickness
Established Member
Check your vacuum lines and spark plug COP connections. I had the same prob and it was my PCV line popped out and I found a COP connector not all of the way seated.

MR.SCOOPINATOR

Established Member
thanks man from what Ive read it sounds like the gap on the dam plugs being to small. whats the cop stand for, sorry im still learning the abbreviated stuff lol.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
COP is coil on plug.. The main thing you need is a custom tune bud.. Take it to Nate and All out Performance and have him tune it for you.. This is the safest way to do it bud.

MR.SCOOPINATOR

Established Member
Thanks for the reply. Ya i see nate tomorrow.Have talk to him about it, he seems to think its the same thing. It has a mail tune for now. funny thing i called him last week him for a tune. Then yesterday it throws thoses dam codes. Perfect timimg i guess.Thanks again for the reply.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
No problem man, you really can't trust mail order tunes imo.. Unless it's datalogged and sent back and forth a few time until they get it right, but even then I wouldn't trust it.. Nate does great work, so I hear so that would be your best bet because of your location.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
No man I don't know if I'll be attending anytime soon. I'm stationed in Alabama lol. Maybe next year but I won't have my car there so it's no point lol.. I do plan on attending TX2k12 though.. That'll be fun I think.

MR.SCOOPINATOR

Established Member
Well i took the plugs out just to check the gap and OMG. Plugs were gaped at 18.So i re gaped them to 32 ,took it for a Cruz around the block still has the burp at 1500 but not nearly ass bad . Got back took a plug out to see if it was holding the gab and still at 32. Now my question is can a plug loose its gap. Funny how all of them were set at 18 when i told the guy to set them at 30, thats what was recommended. PLEASE ADVISE ME HERE.THANKS

Users who are viewing this thread