SCT Tune from Unleashed Tuning

Crow

Established Member
I just installed the tune from Torrie at Unleashed tonight. The weather was pretty good in the low 60's. I have ran 93 since I bought the car off the showroom floor. This custom tune is the real deal. I can attest to the fact that 1st gear is just spent roasting them. If you shift quick going into second I was able to get them spinning about half way through it before it hooked. The seat of the pants feel so far is just totally different. Like another user said after this tune, when I first got the car it felt like a peppy quick car. Now its pretty beastly with just gobs of torque from 3500 all the way up to 6000.

I am patiently waiting now to see what kind of numbers he gets from his downpipe. Eventually I want to see more numbers from full exhaust kits too. Also, CAI and what not.

This is easily worth the $400. I am coming from NA 4v Mustangs (03 Mach I), you can't get this kind of power from a single mod without going to a power adder. What a blast!

I will report back what kind of mileage I am getting with it as well. I drive about a hundred miles a day so I will know soon.

wheelhopper

Established Member
I would love to see actual numbers on the type of hp and torque is produced from some basic mods on these cars.

weebz69

Established Member
Unleashed tuning has a graph on their website its 230 fwhp and 278 fwtq stock and after the tune it jumps up to 253 fwhp and 323 fwtq which is pretty crazy considering my old 98 cobra stock made like 260 HP and 260 tq at the wheels and it weighs a few hundred lbs more than the focus. I read the main reason this sct unleashed tune is worth it is stock the focus gets heat swamped after a few pulls and this tune helps that. They did a comparison stock vs the tune after 8 pulls the focus with the unleashed tune was make 76 fwtq greater then the stock. The HP was I think 25-30 fwhp better can't remember but shit I'm buying it for my ride. The unleashed sct tuner is custom tunable also so as they make more after market shit for it you can just get it retuned. I got that info from focusnation.com and WWW.unleashestuning.com

2004Droptop

Established Member
Unleashed tuning has a graph on their website its 230 fwhp and 278 fwtq stock and after the tune it jumps up to 253 fwhp and 323 fwtq which is pretty crazy considering my old 98 cobra stock made like 260 HP and 260 tq at the wheels and it weighs a few hundred lbs more than the focus. I read the main reason this sct unleashed tune is worth it is stock the focus gets heat swamped after a few pulls and this tune helps that. They did a comparison stock vs the tune after 8 pulls the focus with the unleashed tune was make 76 fwtq greater then the stock. The HP was I think 25-30 fwhp better can't remember but shit I'm buying it for my ride. The unleashed sct tuner is custom tunable also so as they make more after market shit for it you can just get it retuned. I got that info from focusnation.com and WWW.unleashestuning.com

nothing on their web site... tune helping heat soak, interesting. fuel?

Last edited:

2004Droptop

Established Member
I just installed the tune from Torrie at Unleashed tonight. The weather was pretty good in the low 60's. I have ran 93 since I bought the car off the showroom floor. This custom tune is the real deal. I can attest to the fact that 1st gear is just spent roasting them. If you shift quick going into second I was able to get them spinning about half way through it before it hooked. The seat of the pants feel so far is just totally different. Like another user said after this tune, when I first got the car it felt like a peppy quick car. Now its pretty beastly with just gobs of torque from 3500 all the way up to 6000.

I am patiently waiting now to see what kind of numbers he gets from his downpipe. Eventually I want to see more numbers from full exhaust kits too. Also, CAI and what not.

This is easily worth the $400. I am coming from NA 4v Mustangs (03 Mach I), you can't get this kind of power from a single mod without going to a power adder. What a blast!

I will report back what kind of mileage I am getting with it as well. I drive about a hundred miles a day so I will know soon.

How about that dyno sheet?

weebz69

Established Member
If you knew how to navigate their website you could find the dyno sheet......but anyways I bought their tune and Im dynoing my car tomorrow at 3pm ill give you guys the results. Again its unleashed tuning and if your under 40 you probably have enough knowledge to navigate there website to see there dyno graph

weebz69

Established Member
nothing on their web site... tune helping heat soak, interesting. fuel?[/QUOTE]

Then you're looking in the wrong spot its on there website, maybe have your kid navigate the website for you LOL

2004Droptop

Established Member
If you knew how to navigate their website you could find the dyno sheet......but anyways I bought their tune and Im dynoing my car tomorrow at 3pm ill give you guys the results. Again its unleashed tuning and if your under 40 you probably have enough knowledge to navigate there website to see there dyno graph

dang, your under roos too tight... really you know sometimes it is tough to see with quad tri-focals

Last edited:

weebz69

Established Member
Ok I am gonna have to say boo on the Unleashed Tuning tune.....I brought my Focus ST in today at Beyond Redline in Green Bay WI. I got stock dyno pull 247hp and 291 ftlbs pretty sweet stock numbers put the tune in which I paid a total of $400 thats the tuner and tune in it. In which I bought the tune threw Unleashed Tuning and here is what I got 249HP and 313 Ftlbs boo. A whopping 2hp and 22ftlbs gain From what they claim 23Hp and 45 Ftlbs I have to give them a D- also when you plug the tune in they give you two options 93 octane or 91 the 91 didn't work I tried it 3 times and it kept saying wrong car. Well save your money guys. Unless your stock dyno numbers are a lot less than mine. It wont be worth it. I just pulled the tune out and put her back to stock.Then I emailed Torrie from unleashed and he said that my stock numbers are high and the numbers I got are what people are seeing. They emailed him the data files so he can look them over. All I have to say is I am pretty disappionted.

wheelhopper

Established Member
^You listed your peak hp and torque. If you have a graph there may be a point where you are making 23hp more than you were before. It may not be at peak, could be at 3500rpm. Same goes for torque. Just check it all out before your tuner points something out you may not have looked for.

weebz69

Established Member
Now that's a good point ill have to take a look at those graphs again....never thought of that one......I'm so getting that cold air intake that just came out.....also you can get a sct tuner for 379 I got schooled for 399 Damn it....saw it on steeda for that price

Kevin @ Wicked

Established Member
Ok I am gonna have to say boo on the Unleashed Tuning tune.....I brought my Focus ST in today at Beyond Redline in Green Bay WI. I got stock dyno pull 247hp and 291 ftlbs pretty sweet stock numbers put the tune in which I paid a total of $400 thats the tuner and tune in it. In which I bought the tune threw Unleashed Tuning and here is what I got 249HP and 313 Ftlbs boo. A whopping 2hp and 22ftlbs gain From what they claim 23Hp and 45 Ftlbs I have to give them a D- also when you plug the tune in they give you two options 93 octane or 91 the 91 didn't work I tried it 3 times and it kept saying wrong car. Well save your money guys. Unless your stock dyno numbers are a lot less than mine. It wont be worth it. I just pulled the tune out and put her back to stock.Then I emailed Torrie from unleashed and he said that my stock numbers are high and the numbers I got are what people are seeing. They emailed him the data files so he can look them over. All I have to say is I am pretty disappionted.

Had similar results with a customers vehicle and my own shop ST.

I put down 246-283 SAE with the aftermarket tune 250-308 SAE, most of the torque was on the initial spike as the turbo comes on at 2200 rpm.

Dont get me wrong, SOTP feel is def improved but my dyno graphs show exactly what you described. Ill see if i can update this section with the graphs and datalogs also.

Kevin @ Wicked

Established Member
here's the dyno chart.
5421d1355212026-wicked-motorsports-13-focus-st-stock-aftermarket-tune-dyno-data-analysis-wicked-st-stock-vs-tuned.jpg

Last edited:

weebz69

Established Member
Well I was looking at my dyno graph. Stock verse tune. At 4000-4500 it is about 15-20 hp more than stock and torque is up 30-35 over stock but yeah peak numbers are almost the same as what you said 249hp and 307 tq I tried to get a picture of the graph on here but it won't let me copy and paste it. I only have adobe not word. Kinda ticks me off I want you guys to see it.

Users who are viewing this thread