Sct tuner and check engine codes

MR.SCOOPINATOR

Established Member
I had my car tuned with a sct tuner Thursday. i have drove the car about 75 since then . Today it threw a check engine lite. Ive never used a sct tuner before and alittle scared to hook it up. Is it easy for moron like me to use. thanks

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
1. Car off, plug Tuner into OBD port below driver dash.

2. Key on to ignition, follow instructions.

3. Should be an option to read codes.

What tune are you using?

Wynn

Wants 11's
Established Member
Piece of cake. I just installed my sct this week too. Read the code, google what it means, and then theres an option to clear the code. On mine the codes are listed as 'DLC's or something like that.

MR.SCOOPINATOR

Established Member
Ya mines got the dlc also i had p0234 over boost condition. p1000 old stytem readiness not completed. p0352 -54-55-58 ingnition coil primary- secondary ckt so i cleared them took the car out for about 6 miles the codes didnt come back. but it still feels like a misfire at about 1800 rpms. i hate tuning dam cars. its a pain in the ass, lol if anybody knows what this stuff means . do tell thanks.

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
Ya mines got the dlc also i had p0234 over boost condition. p1000 old stytem readiness not completed. p0352 -54-55-58 ingnition coil primary- secondary ckt so i cleared them took the car out for about 6 miles the codes didnt come back. but it still feels like a misfire at about 1800 rpms. i hate tuning dam cars. its a pain in the ass, lol if anybody knows what this stuff means . do tell thanks.

What spark plugs are you running? What gap?

Where did this tune come from?

MR.SCOOPINATOR

Established Member
Plugs are ngktr-6 cooper _v plugs gap 30. Tune came from rpm performance and im thinking they get theres from amozon . Thats what it said on the sct package. It was a tune based on my mods cai 65mm tb and cat back .

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread