Sctx4 question

SVTvsTheWorld

Established Member
When I bought my 03 it had a dyno tune on it already. Seems to be running strong. Wideband going soon too confirm A/F. My question is I recently bought an sctx4, future blower upgrade and fuel system coming so I figured I'll need it. My question is can I go in and change one or two settings like trac control off, rear gear size without losing my dyno tune air, fuel, timing optimizations?
Mods: 2.85 pulley, k&n fipk, offroad x and borla catback

03' White Snake

Established Member
No you cannot. If the car has a dyno tune already and you weren't given the hand held, there is either a piggy back chip on the computer or you have a lot more work ahead of you.

If the previous owner screwed you by not giving you the handheld, you will need to make a trip to your local Ford dealer to have your computer reflashed to stock.... about $150 before you can use your new X4. If you have a piggy back chip, it will need to be removed from your computer (lower foot area on passenger side) before your new X4 can load a tune onto the car.

bigmoose

Established Member
You don't need your ECU flashed to stock. If you get another tune the device will just store your current one as the "stock" tune then load the new one. Not a big deal until you decide to go back to complete stock later.

cj428mach

Established Member
You don't need your ECU flashed to stock. If you get another tune the device will just store your current one as the "stock" tune then load the new one. Not a big deal until you decide to go back to complete stock later.

Correct.

Users who are viewing this thread