SCV retrofit kits

javierrflores

svt
Established Member
Has anyone heard of these retrofit kits? as far as I know they are for SCV (specially constructed vehicles) , these retrofit kits contain engines with smog equipment, and ecm ready to pass smog!!!.

I wrote to sema asking about any release info and they dont have any info right know. It would be neat if the big three (GM, MOPAR, FORD ), or any manufacturer for that matter would release there retrofit kits for older fox bodies, third gen f bodies and so on. It definitely would reduce the time on having to get everything together your self, and worry if its not right, and on the other hand i believe it would help on cutting down illegal swaps.

Link>>>>>>> SEMA and California Agencies Solve Titling Dilemma for Hobbyist Vehicles | Specialty Equipment Market Association

arc00ta

Established Member
You may want to check the regulations regarding that swap. I read about the E-rod setup before and I believe there was a cut-off for the year that was much prior to 1980. As in, the package is only legal to put into older cars (off the top of my head I think the article stated 1975, don't quote me on that).

Users who are viewing this thread