Sealing up the air gaps on a CAI

WHT03SVTCOLO

Established Member
So not satisfied with how large the hole is around the JLT CAI I used pipe insulation from Home Depo and came up with this. What do you think? I think it will be better
na7utuha.jpg

meba2utu.jpg

damy9e7a.jpg

Black Sex

Established Member
I put something similar to mine just to add some support to the tube so it's not bouncing around

NELCO

Established Member
I took a piece of sheet metal and cut it to size. I painted it black and also used foam on the top of the air box. It was not sealing and when i was stopped in traffic before i modded my airbox the inlet temperature would climb 30 to 40 degrees over ambient. Then the idle would rise..All Good now. Easy fix for less than five dollars.
Nelco

Red-GT500

Needs More Torque!
Established Member
It might be just me, but i sealed up my JLT intake box and was getting issues with surging. Took out the peice like above and problem went away. I dont know why it caused it, maybe it was something totally unrelated. I may have to try it again to see if the problem comes back since im running a different tune now.

Black Sex

Established Member
It might be just me, but i sealed up my JLT intake box and was getting issues with surging. Took out the peice like above and problem went away. I dont know why it caused it, maybe it was something totally unrelated. I may have to try it again to see if the problem comes back since im running a different tune now.

I heard one time if you get the filter pushed too far onto the tube it can cause issues like that. :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread