Search for the Perfect Seats

Blaine

Established Member
Been doing a bunch of searching to find some replacement seats for my GT500 that won't cost me 4,000 dollars. I'm trying to find a set with a factory look without the factory weight.

Found a couple good ones, but I am awaiting a reply from the company that makes them. I am trying to get the below seats custom stitched with either a Cobra Emblem or GT500.

Blk-pewter3.jpg

EbonyLS-Stitching.jpg

ARS-VTsm.jpg

or

(with all black leather instead of Grey Suede insert)

ST03Cobra-md.jpg

Others:

(Which will cost you big $$)

misanos_front.jpg

misano.html

gifseats.gif

Last edited:

Blaine

Established Member
I like the last two seats, man this car is NEVER ending...

Last two seats start at 1599/each. Then if you want the custom Shelby one it will run you 2499/each. Alot of $$ for a bit of weight loss.

These don't look too bad for 299.00 each weighing in at even 4 lbs lighter than the above.

786e78fad84c98e5740a3adb85e77361_image_500x700.jpg

Anyone have aftermarket seats in their GT500's? Love to see some pics.

Last edited:

skyhighsd

Established Member
I have the Cobeau A4's for my car I just picked them up last week and I should have the seat brackets sometime this week (still waiting for the UPS man) :read:

MD03SVT

Established Member
I have black leather corbeau A4's and love them perfect fit and comfort also by going with the manuel slider you save some weight.

OsirisGT

Established Member
I just put in some fatty versions of the suede Corbeau LG1's. They fit no problem. I have an airbag light though... I turned the car on without the drivers seatbelt attached to the harness. I am going wednesday to a dealer to get it cleared. I think I have all what I need to have no dash lights. I think

TexasShelby

Established Member
Just be sure you check with your insurance agent about changing your seats.

Some companies will deny any claim what so ever because you have removed an OEM installed safety device (the side seat airbags). I'd hate for you to have a large claim and they see on the computer run after the wreck (yes, they download all the telemetry of the car) that there were no side airbags and void your claim.

Hissssss

Fox body lover
Established Member
I have the Cobeau A4's for my car I just picked them up last week QUOTE]

I have black leather corbeau A4's and love them perfect fit and comfort also by going with the manuel slider you save some weight.

I would love to see some pics of those seats installed, how are they for comfort during DD duty? I had some aftermarket seats in my Fox and they got old in a real hurry, H.

Blaine

Established Member
Just be sure you check with your insurance agent about changing your seats.

Some companies will deny any claim what so ever because you have removed an OEM installed safety device (the side seat airbags). I'd hate for you to have a large claim and they see on the computer run after the wreck (yes, they download all the telemetry of the car) that there were no side airbags and void your claim.

You have to have a custom insurance policy made which includes all the mods. Not disclosing your custom work could result in voided contract if it affects any safety equipment.

OsirisGT

Established Member
I called my insurance company first and they basically said... uh, it's your car do what you want... Just let us know when you take them out.

I have the LG1's wide. They fit no problem. I fit in them no problem and i'm morbidly obease ;o)

blkGT500nCA

Established Member
Last two seats start at 1599/each. Then if you want the custom Shelby one it will run you 2499/each. Alot of $$ for a bit of weight loss.

These don't look too bad for 299.00 each weighing in at even 4 lbs lighter than the above.

786e78fad84c98e5740a3adb85e77361_image_500x700.jpg

Anyone have aftermarket seats in their GT500's? Love to see some pics.

I had these seats in another car and they were very comfortable. I wouldn't do the cloth again though. Either leather or suede

TexasShelby

Established Member
I called my insurance company first and they basically said... uh, it's your car do what you want... Just let us know when you take them out.

I have the LG1's wide. They fit no problem. I fit in them no problem and i'm morbidly obease ;o)

I'd get that in writing...because your agents word won't do at a claims adjuster's meeting.

Blaine

Established Member
I had these seats in another car and they were very comfortable. I wouldn't do the cloth again though. Either leather or suede

I need to see some pics of the leather Corbeaus A4's. Every pic I've seen with Corbeau Seats in leather... it didn't look so good.

I just want to see some pics of some GT500's with aftermarkets seats to aid me in my decision.

Users who are viewing this thread