Seat upgrade alternatives to Ford Recaros?

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
you know you just wanted to show off them seats. Lol

I don't give a rat's ass what people on this forum think of me, what I have, etc haha Doesn't matter to me.

I'm pretty sure I posted that while I was in the restroom. I hated to spend the money myself, and had gone back and forth numerous times, and finally decided to do it and I haven't regretted it at all.

Currently doing the same thing with some Forgeline GTD-1s, actually.

Last edited:

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
I don't give a rat's ass what people on this form think of me, what I have, etc haha Doesn't matter to me.

I'm pretty sure I posted that while I was in the restroom. I hated to spend the money myself, and had gone back and forth numerous times, and finally decided to do it and I haven't regretted it at all.

Currently doing the same thing with some Forgeline GTD-1s, actually.

giphy.gif

it’s nice to have nice things.

fuelforfire87

Established Member
I have been interested in these kits but I'm not sure how I feel about spending that money, and then having to do the work on the seats myself, lol. Thanks for the note about the lumbar support...I actually use a lumbar support pillow on long trips because the stock seat lumbar support is so bad.

Do you have any pics of the seats in your car? How was the process of switching out the upholstery?
Here is a pic of my seats. Couldn't get a good vantage point since both of my cars are stored in my garage for the winter but you get the idea.
20191219_213737.jpg

20191219_213744.jpg

The install actually wasn't that bad. There are youtube videos from CJPonyParts and ThatDudeInBlue that show you step by step how to install them. I just got the basic seats, no fancy racing stripes or buttons going down the middle like sport xr or sport r500 seats, but you do get to pick the color of the outer stitching so you can match the color of your car if you want. It's hard to tell from this pic due to the not so great lighting but I chose grabber blue stitching. My car is black but i chose blue to mix things up a bit. The hardest part on the install is learning how to use the hog rings to clamp the new seat upholstry to the new seat padding. Also it helps to have an extra person on hand to help you remove the seats from the car so you can work on them.

Users who are viewing this thread