Second Stimulus "Status Not Available"

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Buying votes. Easy concept.
I don’t understand why anyone is getting a check that is still gainfully employed. They didn’t before Covid if they were employed. Why should they get one now.

OK Bozos, stop clowning around.

04MysticCobra

Established Member
That status not available came up on the first stimulus check of $1200 when I checked into the IRS get my payment site. It took a few weeks before information came available. Our government agencies are full of incompetent idiots. Have been doing direct deposit with the IRS on my tax refunds and payments for almost 20 years and they still did not have my info in the system. What a joke.

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member
Still blows my mind how different money is in places

if I made 163k ( even combined ) I’d be ****ing ballin... I’d have a 2020 gt500, wife would have a badass SUV, and I’d have a badass truck.

where I live I built my house 2 years ago ( 3/2/2 almost 2000 sq ft) for Under 190k and I hear in other places it’s a 500k house. Blows my mind haha. When I first moved here 6 years ago I made 65k, and thought I was doing great

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member

if I made 163k ( even combined ) I’d be ****ing ballin... I’d have a 2020 gt500, wife would have a badass SUV, and I’d have a badass truck.

where I live I built my house 2 years ago ( 3/2/2 almost 2000 sq ft) for Under 190k and I hear in other places it’s a 500k house. Blows my mind haha. When I first moved here 6 years ago I made 65k, and thought I was doing great

Small houses in even "meh" areas are all over 300k here. But income is usually higher so its kinda offset that things like cars are pretty much the same across the board. So its somewhat equalized on other goods. Just really tough to get your first house.

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Bro, a nice house in CT will easily have $12-15k in house taxes and thats for a decent house not something $500k+ which is not even close to the median house value for most all of southern CT which has houses that start at $1+ Million in Fairfield County for anything nice.

Add another $10-20k for car taxes and income tax. Living in CT making $80k each is medium income at best. So u have to make about $25-35k just to pay ur taxes in CT or NJ or NY areas for that matter.

Ur right tho cause in Florida they pay their Troopers a Top step of $48k IF u live in one of the higher paying counties. In CT the Troopers top out at $115k. It aint THAT much cheaper to live in Florida. Truck is still $60k, College is still $150k etc.....

But I will be retiring in July and moving to Florida to LIVE not EARN..... **** this snow and cold weather it results in half ur life being miserable cause half the year its just that..... MISERABLE!

Adower

Established Member

I’m near the Bay Area CA. 150k is considered living at the poverty level here.

CGLhawk260

Established Member

My house is 2000 sq feet. built in 1998 paid 202,000 worth maybe 330,000 if i'm lucky. I've remodeled the entire house. original cost basis + what i added = nothing in terms of investment. Taxes suck 8,000 for my house and the Hellcat is 1,400 per year plus my other two basic 4 door cars another 600.00 Ford Focus and Cruz. I have a daughter in collge and based on my FASA profile I qualify for nothing.

CGLhawk260

Established Member
Here's the real kick in the **** , the credit rebate is based off of 2020 taxes not 2019. My AGI is even higher this year. Oh well looks like i'll be able to order a few pizzas with my stimulas $$

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
Cost of living in different areas has always been wild to me as well. Always knew it was different but never really knew how much so until I met some guys from Maryland while at new hire training in Atlanta.

Told them my first house was 1600 sq/ft, 3 bed, 2 car garage, and I paid 78,000. Three or four guys about lost their mind at the thought of that.

How some of you can swing property taxes that are as much as a reliable used car every year is beyond me.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Cost of living in different areas has always been wild to me as well. Always knew it was different but never really knew how much so until I met some guys from Maryland while at new hire training in Atlanta.

Told them my first house was 1600 sq/ft, 3 bed, 2 car garage, and I paid 78,000. Three or four guys about lost their mind at the thought of that.

How some of you can swing property taxes that are as much as a reliable used car every year is beyond me.

Yep. I love living in the midwest. $600k in a house goes a LONG ways.

Booky

Who's Pick'n The Banjo Here?
Established Member
I don’t understand why anyone is getting a check that is still gainfully employed. They didn’t before Covid if they were employed. Why should they get one now.

The idea is stimulus checks are intended to stimulate the economy by providing Americans with additional spending money.
It has nothing to do with your employment status.
You can help to support small and local businesses by using the Gubment stimulus money.

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member
600k here is a ****ing mansion on acres.

One of my old bosses, has a house that 800k ( when oil was booming) and it had to be a 5000 sq ft house on an acre and a half.

it’s just insane to me, knowing that i could do my same job elsewhere and I’d need food stamps to survive

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
600k here is a ****ing mansion on acres.

One of my old bosses, has a house that 800k ( when oil was booming) and it had to be a 5000 sq ft house on an acre and a half.

it’s just insane to me, knowing that i could do my same job elsewhere and I’d need food stamps to survive

My house is 6200 square feet on 3 acres. Pool. 6 car garage (two 3 car garages). I gave just over $600k for mine.

Stanley

Established Member
Premium Member
The idea is stimulus checks are intended to stimulate the economy by providing Americans with additional spending money.
It has nothing to do with your employment status.
You can help to support small and local businesses by using the Gubment stimulus money.

And the same people want to end the Trump tax cuts. My extra $200 a month does more than a one time payment of $600 esp if I don't get it.

VRYALT3R3D

Show me your Members
Established Member
My house is 6200 square feet on 3 acres. Pool. 6 car garage (two 3 car garages). I gave just over $600k for mine.
Meanwhile here in Toronto...

1609944674-20200106-trreb2.jpg

You can expect to pay $1.5M for a detached home.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
I don't get shit due to income. On the other hand, my retired neighbors on social security and a pension get it. Makes no ****ing sense that they get this money.

Users who are viewing this thread