Security System Advice- what do you rec or use!

patc84

Established Member
Bought a new house, moving in the next month. In the mean time I'm looking at which company/setup/ideas to do for protecting the home. I have 2 doberman already.

Let me know what you guys use or rec!

Thanks

Pat

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
430961d1545483948-eaa-vindicator-357-magnum-123_1_1545483945557.jpg

patc84

Established Member
got those LOL, more along the lines of if no one is home type thing. i mean the dogs can work, but if they are not there. ex- vet, daycare, ect.

My94GT

Established Member
I use nest cams both inside and out as well as their door bell and alarm system. I really like the set up and it’s video quality

KilledbyKenne

Established Member
I use Brinks. They provide and set up the equipment for free and I just have to sign a monitoring contract. You can probably be cheaper in the long run buying your own stuff and monitoring it yourself, but this is what the wife wanted. Happy wife and all that jazz.

blownstang4.6

Established Member
5 Reolink POI cameras installed myself. No monthly fee. Can setup your own alerts and sensitivity on the cameras.

MinGrey02Stg2

Established Member
I went with Alarm.com and used one of their installers. You can go on their site and view all the compatible hardware here: Alarm.com

They have an app that allows you to control the alarm panel, cameras, locks, smart outlets, lights, garage door, etc. I was just on a cruise and had different access codes for three different people who watched my dogs. I got an alert every time someone disarmed the panel, who disarmed it, and the panel takes a photo of the person. One even forgot to arm it when he left so I did so from hundreds of miles away in the ocean (anywhere you have wifi). My brother in law recommended it and his house is ridiculous and fully automated.

Here's the panel I have, which sends a cell signal as soon as the alarm goes off. If there is not a follow up signal showing the panel was disarmed, meaning if someone smashed the panel or control box, the police will come.
PowerG-345-Box-Front-MEDIUM_1024x1024.jpg

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
I went with simplisafe and no complaints. I’ve had initial setup issues with the base station or keypad but outside of that it’s easy and seems to work just fine

L8APEX

*Turbo Not to Scale
Established Member
Premium Member
I have a protection1 (got bought out by ADT) system that's compatible with alarm.com. works great and I've got sensors on about everything.

Only bad thing is the CO detectors only last a few years (lithium batterys last longer than the device) and after the date sticker on the side passes they will beep every 30 seconds until you get a tech to come out and swap it for a new one. You cannot take it off the wall and toss it in the garage either as it sees it as a tamper and throws a bigger fit.

Sent from my Note9

nxhappy

Established Member
alarms are worthless and a waste of money. I recommend:
#1) guns
#2) cameras with DVR recording
#3) guard dogs
#4) visual signs/warnings

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
Gun free zone sign and no burglary please sign.
Fool proof.

ADT, security cameras in HD(ARLO 2 Pro and Ring front door) and a 1911 colt 45

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
You have the dogs and guns, so get a security system to watch the outside of the house. I personally installed this on my house to capture front and back action:
It does the job and no one knows it's there since it's mounted high and somewhat hidden. I may end up moving soon and I'll bring these to hook up, but eventually will get a system that records to a hard drive for true 24/7 playback.

Users who are viewing this thread