Self Employer/1099 Chime In

VENOM1

6.0MAN
Established Member
For the last several years I have sold health and life insurance on a part time basis with the hopes of making it a full time gig. I’m happy to say that day had come. I’m currently licensed in 31 states with the plan of adding another 10 over the next few months.

Onto my reason for posting. For those of you that are self employed or 1099. Which software or APP do you use to track your expenses and tax write offs? I’m in need of a system that’s efficient, easy to use from my phone or laptop and can be used while on the go.

Thanks in advance for your help!

sleek98

Established Member
Most of my clients use a form of Quickbooks, some use the self employed versions but I am not a huge fan of that version.

The insurance guy I do uses the desktop quickbooks version.

I would suggest at a very min using a specific card or bank account for business only income and expenses, then atleast all of the info is in one account and you could do it all in excel once a month.

earico

It's 4:20 somewhere...
Established Member
I don't have a huge amount of things to track like you do so I'm no help there. I just use Quickbooks Pro Desktop.

Just a heads up. Review the info on the Sec 199a tax deduction. Huge tax break for self employed people that was put in place by Trump.

Blown 89

Established Member
Either do a general ledger or use a desktop version of quickbooks. The online, cloud and phone versions of accounting software are not very good nor are they efficient.

JJackson515

Established Member
I drop off all my processing statements, credits card statements, and bank statements to my accountant at the beginning of the the tax season and tell him to have a nice day.

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member
I used Quickbooks Self Employed. It automatically dumps everything in to TurboTax at the end of the year. I'm also a moron and do all of my own accounting/taxes/etc. so maybe it isn't the best system. Lol

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I don't have a huge amount of things to track like you do so I'm no help there. I just use Quickbooks Pro Desktop.

Just a heads up. Review the info on the Sec 199a tax deduction. Huge tax break for self employed people that was put in place by Trump.
I use QuickBooks Pro 2020 Desktop, too. Been using it to track expenses with my part-time business for 16 years. Love it!

Oh, and you can use the same QuickBooks software for your personal expenses as well. Just set up a separate "company". I like tracking my personal expenses with QBs better than with Quicken.

Users who are viewing this thread