Self ported blower pic's and numbers

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
Yes, they're there for silencing. Yes, you can cover them up and it'll be louder. I'm an exhaust guy myself. It took me a long time to settle in on an exhaust with a sound I liked. That's what I want to hear and if I knew how to make one of these silent like a Whipple believe me I would.

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
No weld you'll warp the crap out of the case. Most people use JB Weld but they make some better stuff but I'm not sure what it is honestly. Most people use JB Weld though but you better make sure it's clean!!!

lee4him

Established Member
JB Weld is strong stuff but will it hold? Would like to hear success stories from others and find out what the other stuff is besides JB Weld before I take the leap.

TRUCKINKID

Established Member
So I am wrapping up with my ported Eaton tb, pl. I will be getting a 2.76 upper pulley in about a month and I will be dyno tuning it at that time. My question is. Can I run a box tune off my Diablosport to get me by for the next month? Also I installed some NKG TR6 plugs gaped at .032. Will this harm my car with out running higher boost? Thanks guys!

RussZTT

Established Member
If you have a welder that knows what he is doing, it can be done without warping the case. Mine were welded up and didn't warp in that area.

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
Would love to have my blower ported by you Posi. Been wanting to get in on the GB you and TF have but other things have came up which is just my luck! This could be an alternative! How many of the flapper wheels do we need? Did you just get a box for each part #?

You could probably get by with 4 flappers.

how long did it take

First time blower only I'd guess 12-15 hours to do it as best you can. That's just for the blower also.

I know these responses are a little late but I don't watch this thread. It's here for you all.:beer:

so_r_crazy

Established Member
So I ended up selling my 1st home port local and here are the results-

T76 Mach noted on a local mustang site-
Setup is very close to stock and I must say im VERY impressed with the numbers on a conservative street tune with ONLY a 2.93 upper seeing about 10.5-11psi (4lb Lower had to be ditched due to fuel pump duty cycle ) Ported and welded plenum,Ported Eaton and Ported Throttle body. Pauls HP Cold air kit, H-pipe and flowmaster catback laid down right under 500rwhp

YouTube- Mr.Termi Dyno.wmv
Image hosting, free photo sharing & video sharing at Photobucket

The above blower made the following numbers-
Ported Blower, Ported TB, Ported/Welded Plenum- Car made 483/461 with a 2.93 upper, Ported and welded plenum, Ported Eaton, Ported Throttle body, Cold air kit, H-pipe and flowmaster catback.

Not bad for 11 psi and not lower on stock injectors.

WHSTLR

TRAKDAY
Established Member
Second picture on first page under the Die grinders and such. It shows "------> Here". What exacly did you do there and do you have pics? Thanks!

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
^I do not recommend doing any cutting at all in that area because one little oopsie and you just bought yourself a new set of used rotors to replace the ones that you just cut up. I did it on my own personal blower but typically don't do it anymore.

Other than that there are still ZERO changes to anything that's in this thread. Or nothing has changed in 3 years to any of this so it's all still great useful information.

Keep cutting and doing your own Home Ports.

WHSTLR

TRAKDAY
Established Member
Posi, I sent you a PM with pics. I broke through on the inlet floor just to the side and short of the needle bearing. As stated you should be able to see in the pics. Should I use a type of JB weld here or just get it welded. If welding is the way then do you still suggest the plate that some are using? Full plate or cut out for the bypass?

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
^I replied to your pm.

If you're going to fill it with say JB weld then go in the hole from the underside of the blower and you'll see it's in a "cavity" where the actual hole is. Go as far as you can inside that cavity and put some "cutting marks" side to side in there pretty deep. Or take a 40 grit flapper and do the same really quick. This will make those side-to-side marks I'm referring to as well.

This is so when you put the JB Weld in there it will have some marks in the opposite direction of just falling out. The marks will be 90*'s to falling out actually and will hold your epoxy in place.

If you have an 1/8th inch die grinder you can use a small bit for the side-to-side marks. They don't have to be really deep but just make sure they're there.

If you have questions about it post it here or shoot me a pm.

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
Posi, I sent you a PM with pics. I broke through on the inlet floor just to the side and short of the needle bearing. As stated you should be able to see in the pics. Should I use a type of JB weld here or just get it welded. If welding is the way then do you still suggest the plate that some are using? Full plate or cut out for the bypass?

By the way if you finish that port like you've started on it you're going to have one damn good port on your car.:rockon: Looking good....

WHSTLR

TRAKDAY
Established Member
I understand! I have been taking pics along the way and will share when I am done. Thanks for your help and the pointers. I try not to ask you too much b/c you have a buisness to run, yet when I do you go above and beyond to help. Very Appreciative!

Users who are viewing this thread