selling a car

slow poke

Established Member
hey guys,

anyone have any idea on what would be the best sites to use to sell a car? one that isnt going to take a chunk of the sale and keep charging ongoing fees to re-list the ad when it expires.

besides craigslist

Thanks

slow poke

Established Member
I looked at autotrader, i will put it up there. From what I saw it was a one time fee of 75-100 for a listing until it sells, if it gets out to a larger audience that sounds good.

Are there any others?

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Maybe if I talk louder..

WHAT KIND OF CAR ARE YOU WANTING TO SELL?

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
SVTP can be a good place to find a buyer depending on the car. Facebook groups, local car club forums, autotrader, ebay, craigslist, the list goes on. You probably frequent several sites a day that have car listings.

04svtterm

Established Member
I looked at autotrader, i will put it up there. From what I saw it was a one time fee of 75-100 for a listing until it sells, if it gets out to a larger audience that sounds good.

Are there any others?

I would also try Ebay. I've sold many vehicles for a quick flip through ebay. Also posting it on the for sale section of numerous forums is a great way to get exposure.

Maybe if I talk louder..

lol...someone needs their morning coffee.

slow poke

Established Member
I'll look into posting something on facebook, that's one I have not thought of. thing with ebay is, yeah it turns around quicker, but you also lose your ass in the process

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I'll look into posting something on facebook, that's one I have not thought of. thing with ebay is, yeah it turns around quicker, but you also lose your ass in the process

SLOW POKE.....ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

Are you selling a Prius and you don't want us to know about it?

This is where you should start: http://priuschat.com/

Last edited:

04svtterm

Established Member

Lose your ass in what way?

it may not apply to your scenario, but i've actually made some decent profit from flipping on Ebay. yea, it's not the best option but it will do.

Last edited:

slow poke

Established Member
I say that because you have to pay to list, they take a percentage, and if it times out and doesnt sell then you have to pay to list again. I dont see a big market for the car.

so that isnt your experience with it 04svtterm? I just looked at the policies and was put off

04svtterm

Established Member
I say that because you have to pay to list, they take a percentage, and if it times out and doesnt sell then you have to pay to list again. I dont see a big market for the car.

so that isnt your experience with it 04svtterm? I just looked at the policies and was put off

yea you are right. I usually buy much lower which is why i can turn a profit but for me it's more about timing. I'd rather sell quicker then sit on a car for months. Guess i was looking at it from a business POV which might not fit you.

Blackness03

Established Member
hey guys,

anyone have any idea on what would be the best sites to use to sell a car? one that isnt going to take a chunk of the sale and keep charging ongoing fees to re-list the ad when it expires.

besides craigslist

Thanks

What kind of car are you trying to sell?

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
hey guys,

besides craigslist

Thanks

What kind of car?

Are there any others?

Maybe if I talk louder..

SLOW POKE.....ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

Are you selling a Prius and you don't want us to know about it?

This is where you should start: http://priuschat.com/

lolz pretty much the best conversation ive seen on here in a while.

Honestly, CL is still the best as a seller. Yes, you deal with tire kickers. This is part of the process. Though if you do your work ahead of time, put together an excellent ad, weed out most tire kickers via VERBAL phone conversation, you can alleviate most the issues that comes with dealing with CL people.

Autotrader/Cars/etc are great if you are a buyer looking for a legitimate vehicle from a reputable outfit. Im done looking for cars on CL, just a bunch of dupe listings, or people that cant put together an ad to save their life. If im looking for a $20k car, and you post three sentences and one shitty picture (which, its 2014, even the worst cell phones have better than 2mp cameras) im not even going to waste my time contacting you.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread