Selling the Vibrant 93'......maybe

buddha93

Established Member
Well, it's been a good week and a bad week. Good because I got a really nice black 93'. Bad because I just wasted a freshly built 331. :cuss: I'm a dumbass!

So since the motor has to come out anyway, I'm thinking of selling it if the interest is there. I can put it back to 99% stock fairly easy with all of the parts I have pigeon holed away.

It must be somebody telling me something, bad karma, or maybe ole' Red is just jealous of it's new garage mate....LOL!

Kevins89notch

Established Member
Don't be upset, a friend had to have his dart 331 rebuilt twice. First problem was racing it before tuning it. 18psi lifted the heads, and shot out a freeze plug at about 100mph which caused him to do figure 8s down the interstate. He had it fully rebuilt, and within 500 miles, he swapped vortech head units, and the new T-Trim sucked in a silicon hose, shreading it, and tossing it through the intake into the heads.

buddha93

Established Member
Don't be upset, a friend had to have his dart 331 rebuilt twice. First problem was racing it before tuning it. 18psi lifted the heads, and shot out a freeze plug at about 100mph which caused him to do figure 8s down the interstate. He had it fully rebuilt, and within 500 miles, he swapped vortech head units, and the new T-Trim sucked in a silicon hose, shreading it, and tossing it through the intake into the heads.

Ya, thanks for the moral support. Believe it or not, I'm not that upset.......more aggrevated and annoyed. I now have a bunch of work I hadn't planned on doing that I don't have the time before. If it would have happened just from beating on it or racing it at the track, that's one thing. But to go the way it did is just plan stupid on my part. Not to mention the financial aggrevation. There are plenty of things that I need to be spending money on, and this car isn't one of them.

Oh well. Everything else with my life is great, so I'm not going to complain.:thumbsup:

WillyB93

Established Member
"Ole-Red" Must be mad at you for the new purchase!!! Well that sucks but she can hang out in the spare parking spot for awhile!!!

buddha93

Established Member
Ya, I suppose......dunno. LOL!

Got everything off, tranny out, and it's on jackstands. Motor will be coming out as soon as I get my buddy's cherry picker.

WillyB93

Established Member
Do you think you totally trashed it or just the bottom end???? If so it maybe an easy fix???

buddha93

Established Member
Ya, is should be bearings and God willing a simple polish of the crank journals. I'm not going to speculate too much.......don't want to jinx myself. LOL!

WillyB93

Established Member
Well good luck hopefully an easy fix, but i have seen things come apart and make a nasty mark all through motors too!!!

Users who are viewing this thread