Send w/3.0 upper or 3.3 with #4 lower VMP 2.3 ?

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
I forgot to add the other benefit of the whipple snub pulley.....looking at the pics above, you can see its squeezing the belt from the opposite side versus most snub idler pulleys pinching from the outside. According to whipple....pinching from the outside can lead to premature failure of the blower and snout. That is the reason their solution is designed so differently. How true all that is in practice, I'm not sure.....but visually looking at this setup it makes a lot of sense. I know my gen2 2.3 is over 12 years old now, still going strong pushing near limit rpm levels.

SVT_Troy

Established Member
I forgot to add the other benefit of the whipple snub pulley.....looking at the pics above, you can see its squeezing the belt from the opposite side versus most snub idler pulleys pinching from the outside. According to whipple....pinching from the outside can lead to premature failure of the blower and snout. That is the reason their solution is designed so differently. How true all that is in practice, I'm not sure.....but visually looking at this setup it makes a lot of sense. I know my gen2 2.3 is over 12 years old now, still going strong pushing near limit rpm levels.

time to try the next gen whipple thats coming out!

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
time to try the next gen whipple thats coming out!

Tempting....but what I have on E85 is more than enough for a street stick shifter, the first 2 gears are completely useless and 3rd is dicey. If I was going to change something at this point, I'd look into going turbo and auto.

Users who are viewing this thread