• Welcome to SVTPerformance!

Service Engine Light

Discussion in 'Terminator Archive' started by 04cobratorchred, Jan 15, 2005.

1. 04cobratorchred

04cobratorchred I Love Being Blown Established Member

I finally got my A/F and boost gauge in and after I started the car my service engine light came on. If I take it to the dealer do you think they can or will void my warranty for it? I am just taking it there so they can turn off the service light. Thanks

2. ShelbyGuy

ShelbyGuy Steers With the Throttle Established Member

Eating a steady diet of government cheese, and liv
    go make a friend with a code scanner. its the modern equivelant to a pocket screwdriver. we can only GUESS that its the rear o2 sensor reading wrong (you installed a narrow band, right?) without scanning the trouble code. but i bet its your eye candy gauge connection to the o2 sensor.

3. SVTADVISOR

SVTADVISOR The Cobra Doctor Established Member

They can't void your warranty for just having them check an engine light. You may have to pay for the repairs but they have nothing to void your warranty for.

4. Silver 03 Cobra

Silver 03 Cobra New Member

Go to Autozone or Sears and pick up an Actron code scanner. Some models are as cheap as $40. Ford dealers will charge $75 to scan the code if it isn't warranty related. If it is the rear O2 sensor faulting from your AF gauge install you will be out $75 unless you know of a good dealer. You could have paid for the scanner from one visit to a Ford dealer.

If you are going to mod your car the scanner is a good investment. Mine has helped me and a few others a few times. You can clear the MIL by disconnecting the battery but more than likely it will come back.

5. SICKBOY

SICKBOY New Member Established Member

auto zone pulls codes for free...but like everybody stated there good to have around

6. 04cobratorchred

I called the auto zone by my house and the guy said that they didn't do that. Thanks though.

7. SVTADVISOR

SVTADVISOR The Cobra Doctor Established Member

Autozone pulls the code but they cannot pinpoint anything. They are a joke!

8. 04cobratorchred

I think i am just going to take it to the dealer and see what they say.

9. Huachipato

Huachipato Screaming '04 Established Member

The Autozones around here don't clear the codes, but they will determine what the light is on for, or at least they should. I've taken my car, and a friends car there to decode. In one case, after buying the needed parts they cleared the code for my friend as well.