Servicing Rear Supercharger bearings

runs2rch

7 minutes!!!!
Established Member
I need to service the blower on my dad's 02 HD. Im going to change the oil and service the rear bearings. Whats the best way to do it and what type of grease?

vwjunkie53

SVT addict
Established Member
I am planning on doing the same thing to my truck. Anyone know where I can find torque specs on the bolts for putting it back together after service?

Jason

Cocoloco

BEEP BEEP...ROAD RAGE!!!
Established Member
You might want to do a search...I remember a thread a little while back
where some L owners were talking about servicing and even having the
bearings replaced....You could send somebody like "Fade" a PM and see
if he knows????Other than that....Just clean them best you can and put
some good high temp.synthetic grease in there... :beer:

Twisted99

Established Member
Just pull the rotor pack and hose out the rear bearings with some carb cleaner. I used Mobil 1 synthetic wheel bearing grease..It has a nice red color....works fine.

runs2rch

7 minutes!!!!
Established Member
Fade should I just seal the blower back up with ultra black? Or is there a gasket I need? Jesse at Lfp said dont worry about until 100k. Is this true?

mc01svt

100% full natty brah
Established Member
runs2rch said:
Fade should I just seal the blower back up with ultra black? Or is there a gasket I need? Jesse at Lfp said dont worry about until 100k. Is this true?

yes, eatons are intended to last the life of the engine w/ minimal maintenance

I say just change the oil and leave her alone ;-)

Jrock909

Established Member
Runs, go to your local O'Reillys and buy you some anerobic gasket sealers, that's what Steigmeier uses when they reseal the snout cover and I used it recently and it's works great, it's not so thick like the black rtv commonly used on other gaskets....

Klitch

Established Member
Hopefully nobody slaps me for posting in a old thread, but it fits here very well.

I've pulled my rotor pack out, stripped the remaining teflon off. Then I started porting and polishing the inlet and outlet a little, plugged silencer holes. In the middle of this I nicked my tape job with the flap wheel, which cut through slightly, I'm paranoid I contaminated the bearing.

Can I clean the bearings out, and use some royal purple ultra-performance grease that my closest parts store has and be good to go?

Thanks for your time guys.

Bonestk87

Established Member
Change the oil in it and go. Like said above. Those rear bearings have seals. Carb cleaner will eat them up if you hose them down. It's best to send it to either Stiegmier or Posi if you just have to go into it.

You must use anerobic sealer to put the snout back on. Like stated above. Regular old silicon is to thick and will throw the clearances off in the case.

My 2 cents,
Jeremy

Last edited:

Svt Shelby

Established Member
I've rebuilt my eaton m90 last year, if you have it apart buy a new coupler, front and rear bearings. The kit came with everything for about $90

Jroc

Established Member
I've rebuilt my eaton m90 last year, if you have it apart buy a new coupler, front and rear bearings. The kit came with everything for about $90

A M90 is easier to replace the rear bearings in. You use a grease gun to get out it's rear bearings.

If you are going to do a rear bearing replacement don't go half ass at it. You can fudge that housing right the fudge on up if you're not careful. I did a rear bearing change in a Terminator M112.

Users who are viewing this thread