Serving Notice That My Latest Build Will Be For Sale: BUILT MAMMOTH KB DSG COUPE

SSSLAV8

Established Member
Just so everyone knows I have never met or spoken to Joe so this is just my .02.
I have followed this thread from day one and wondered how is this guy making any $$? Once you figure parts and labor it's obvious that he's NOT. So, that would then be classified as a hobby(not a vendor) with some members of SVTP benefiting from this guys passion and generosity. I haven't seen another person on here or any other "car" site that is buying a car titled in his name, spending countless hours and money, selling it for less than he has invested in it, and doing it on a regular basis.
Joe, I can only hope that they get this worked out and that maybe one day I'll have a chance to own one of your transformations.

***Sorry for the rant but it is obvious that some on here are just envious.***

Frostonsvt

Blood Type- Oh Positive
Established Member
blown vert;11316839 Looks like I can no longer build cars in my spare time and offer them for sale. Sorry guys. I guess I'm done here[/QUOTE said:
This is Insanity ..you can buy a car from someone you'll know nothing about or watch the build process and know 100% of what your hard earned dollars are going to ... so why not let us see the build process ?

Ive never met Joe either but what I see here is a stand up guy. If I lived in south carolina I would be over your house begging you to teach me stuff...

lutador

Established Member
I VERY much appreciate all the kind words and support. It appears to me that some of you actually do understand that my motives are pure and my intentions are so far from just "making the all might dollar" that it's not even funny. I've stated several times that this isn't a JOB for me. It's a hobby that I have an extreme passion for. I see so many good people get done poorly by others including myself on more than one occasion and it feels really good to be one of the guys that honestly will go to the ends of the earth to see people get what they deserve with their hard earned money. I told Doug that if this ever turned into a situation where I was doing it for profit alone I would stop. I happened to be very very blessed to be in a position to have the good fortune to purchase and build really cool cars. Make no mistake that is something I do not take for granted. The fact of the matter is that the vast majority of members here will never be able to afford a car that is built just how they want it. I think that I'm putting those types of cars at arms length for those very people. What saddens me the most is that it comes as such a shock when someone utilizes integrity and pure intentions. That's how bad things are today. On another note I want to make it clear that if I'm instructed to longer list my cars for sale; I will keep my opinion to myself from here out and respect what decision is handed down. I want more than anything to be able to continue the "service" I'm providing in my spare time. I hope the staff is able to identify that in no way am I a harm to this site or anybody who participates on it.

Bro, the Cobra my brother picked up from you is amazing man. The day after you delivered it, I went downstairs and took a closer look at the car and I was really impressed man. Your attention to detail is second to none and having seen how my happy my brother was with the purchase, I just wanted to congratulate you on the build!

Anyone who is as lucky as he is to get a car from you will NOT be disappointed!!!!!!!

HouseOfPower

I'm very humbled by the kind words from people who don't even know me. I'm a firm believer in doing to others as you want done to yourself. That's the foundation of what I'm doing with these cars. Just sucks that it may not be able to continue. Count on one thing though, I'm going to continue doing this. Whether or not Im allowed to make it public

bigdave03

Established Member
I'm very humbled by the kind words from people who don't even know me. I'm a firm believer in doing to others as you want done to yourself. That's the foundation of what I'm doing with these cars. Just sucks that it may not be able to continue. Count on one thing though, I'm going to continue doing this. Whether or not Im allowed to make it public

Good luck!!!
:beer:

Ratchet

Established Member
I don't see any reason to stop doing build threads... We all like watching them progress... Just be sly in the wording when nearing completion... Lol
Hope u continue with what you love man.. That's why we all do what we do! Just takes most of us a lot longer to do it !! Haha.. Been working on mine for 3 years and now it's finally near where I want it after I order wheels next week... Love all ur cars... Makes me keep thing about what to do and make for mine. So keep it up! Haters are always gonna hate....

HouseOfPower

Very important note: I have had MANY PEOPLE contact me wanting a car built to their liking. If this applies to you I NEED you to contact me via pm to alert me of you genuine ability to have me build one. It's too hard for me to chase down posts on everyone and keep track of what you want. In the pm I will need you to provide me with the following:
1) name and phone numbe
2) the car you're wanting
3) whether or not funds are in place
4) a timeframe for completion

After that I will contact you and begin the process of sorting out logistics. It's one thing for you to tell me you are interested. It's an entirely different case for you to actually have the funds ready to go on said car. As mentioned previously, I won't begin a car without first confirming that you're capable of finalizing the deal. I can't afford to endure the rigorous undertaking on these cars only to end up sitting on a car that was built specifically for you

txyaloo

Established Member
Are you licensed as a car dealer in South Carolina? If not, you need to be.

You're doing this all over the internet, not just on SVTP. Whether you say so or not, you are in the business of selling cars. Evidence is strewn all over the internet about that and your steroid use. You're also not a supporting vendor. If you were supporting vendor, I doubt the powers that be would have any issues, but instead, you try and skirt the rules of your state and of this site.

HouseOfPower

Are you licensed as a car dealer in South Carolina? If not, you need to be.

You're doing this all over the internet, not just on SVTP. Whether you say so or not, you are in the business of selling cars. Evidence is strewn all over the internet about that and your steroid use. You're also not a supporting vendor. If you were supporting vendor, I doubt the powers that be would have any issues, but instead, you try and skirt the rules of your state and of this site.

Wow. Now you're taking things way too far. I've paid taxes on every single car I've had. Every one. My steroid use? Why because I have a website that educates people on the topic so that they can prevent hurting themselves. You need to watch your mouth.

perry2k12

Established Member
Wow. Now you're taking things way too far. I've paid taxes on every single car I've had. Every one. My steroid use? Why because I have a website that educates people on the topic so that they can prevent hurting themselves. You need to watch your mouth.

Amen. But why try... people are going to hate no matter what. If you have to stop making these cars this site will really go down the drain for me and will not get anymore donations from me.

HouseOfPower

Amen. But why try... people are going to hate no matter what. If you have to stop making these cars this site will really go down the drain for me and will not get anymore donations from me.

Nah man it's gone too far now. I don't mind if people have a poor personal opinion of me or anything I represent. However, Im not about to be subjected to personal attacks to my character. This thread no longer serves a useful purpose and needs to just be deleted

SweetSVT99

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
"No no, this isn't a business. I'm just making a LITTLE bit of money by delivering a product that people have asked for."

In South Carolina, if you buy and sell more than 5 cars per year, you are required to obtain a dealer's license. I don't think anyone has a problem with what you are doing, but you are not being truthful about what your intentions are here. I think you've been given quite a bit of leeway here, typically people attempting to use SVTPerformance to promote their business without being an authorized vendor, are immediately banned (with a message sent to them on how to become an authorized vendor). Just because you don't have a business name and the proper licensing from your state, does NOT mean you are not attempting to run a business.

How about we use CobraBob as an example: He started out wanting to sell a few gaskets, and went through the proper channels to become an authorized vendor. He also was just "wanting to help people out", and I bet he made significantly less per year from his project than you are on track for, but still made sure to do it right.

To those that have bitched and moaned about SVTPerformance asking that he apply to become an authorized vendor need to keep this in mind: The income generated from vendors paying to advertise on this website, keep the lights on. How is it fair that we allow one VENDOR to advertise for free, but charge the rest? Here, I'll answer it for you: It's NOT.

All that was asked of you was to contact Travis for approval to become an authorized vendor, and in the meantime you cease posting for sale ads. This includes posting in the already created ones, AND stop doing business via PM. I won't post the details of your PMs back and forth with Barry, but CLEARLY that wasn't good enough for you. Even after you've slapped us in the face repeatedly (both publicly and privately), we have continued to allow your for sale threads to continue. I would say we've been pretty generous to you at this point.

SVTORANGE

Established Member
I too have purchased from Joe and it was a wonderful transaction. I want to wish you all a merry Christmas and a joyous new year and pray you all can resolve this.

HouseOfPower

"No no, this isn't a business. I'm just making a LITTLE bit of money by delivering a product that people have asked for."

In South Carolina, if you buy and sell more than 5 cars per year, you are required to obtain a dealer's license. I don't think anyone has a problem with what you are doing, but you are not being truthful about what your intentions are here. I think you've been given quite a bit of leeway here, typically people attempting to use SVTPerformance to promote their business without being an authorized vendor, are immediately banned (with a message sent to them on how to become an authorized vendor). Just because you don't have a business name and the proper licensing from your state, does NOT mean you are not attempting to run a business.

How about we use CobraBob as an example: He started out wanting to sell a few gaskets, and went through the proper channels to become an authorized vendor. He also was just "wanting to help people out", and I bet he made significantly less per year from his project than you are on track for, but still made sure to do it right.

To those that have bitched and moaned about SVTPerformance asking that he apply to become an authorized vendor need to keep this in mind: The income generated from vendors paying to advertise on this website, keep the lights on. How is it fair that we allow one VENDOR to advertise for free, but charge the rest? Here, I'll answer it for you: It's NOT.

All that was asked of you was to contact Travis for approval to become an authorized vendor, and in the meantime you cease posting for sale ads. This includes posting in the already created ones, AND stop doing business via PM. I won't post the details of your PMs back and forth with Barry, but CLEARLY that wasn't good enough for you. Even after you've slapped us in the face repeatedly (both publicly and privately), we have continued to allow your for sale threads to continue. I would say we've been pretty generous to you at this point.

I'm very very well aware of the laws in SC. I've yet to surpass 5 cars for the calendar year. I have proof of my purchases and sale by VIN from the DMV. If I'm attempting to run a business I'm doing a very poor job! I lost almost $3k on this car and it wasn't the first time. If anyone would take a second to use simple math they would see that breaking even is considered good for me. the funny thing to me is that I could point out 10 people that have sold more cars here than me and are in fact doing so without being a vendor with the intention to profit. I'll admit that my anger regarding the fact that I've felt singled out has at times caused me to post things in spite and that was wrong. However, the cynical attitude of so many who have ZERO knowledge of what I am or am not doing is at times too much to take. Ask the buyer of my last cars if they felt I was running a business. Let's take my 16k mile vortech'd mystic cobra. I sold that for less than $11k!!! Find me a profit worth running a business. Fact of the matter is that I'm active duty military, and a personal trainer/fitness website owner after hours. Does running a car lot seem feasible to you? In the end I'll accept that I was wrong to post some of the things I did. I got caught up in emotions from accusations that had no substance. I should have handled it differently. I simply wish people would reserve judgement until they had some facts to play with rather than what their perception is.

shauncurt

Established Member
Its a hobby, I dont see anything wrong with it? It wasnt about money until SVTP staff stepped in. Unfortunately now it is :(

SweetSVT99

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Its a hobby, I dont see anything wrong with it? It wasnt about money until SVTP staff stepped in. Unfortunately now it is :(

How have we made it about money? We are trying to be fair to our other vendors, while at the same time, offering him a legitimate channel to promote his BUSINESS.

SweetSVT99

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
I'm very very well aware of the laws in SC. I've yet to surpass 5 cars for the calendar year. I have proof of my purchases and sale by VIN from the DMV. If I'm attempting to run a business I'm doing a very poor job! I lost almost $3k on this car and it wasn't the first time. If anyone would take a second to use simple math they would see that breaking even is considered good for me. the funny thing to me is that I could point out 10 people that have sold more cars here than me and are in fact doing so without being a vendor with the intention to profit. I'll admit that my anger regarding the fact that I've felt singled out has at times caused me to post things in spite and that was wrong. However, the cynical attitude of so many who have ZERO knowledge of what I am or am not doing is at times too much to take. Ask the buyer of my last cars if they felt I was running a business. Let's take my 16k mile vortech'd mystic cobra. I sold that for less than $11k!!! Find me a profit worth running a business. Fact of the matter is that I'm active duty military, and a personal trainer/fitness website owner after hours. Does running a car lot seem feasible to you? In the end I'll accept that I was wrong to post some of the things I did. I got caught up in emotions from accusations that had no substance. I should have handled it differently. I simply wish people would reserve judgement until they had some facts to play with rather than what their perception is.

It doesn't matter if you're working from your home, making or losing money, building cars or making shifter gaskets. A business is a business. You are, as clearly stated in other posts, taking orders (or as you call them, requests) for cars to build for previously approved and setup buyers. That's not a hobby, that's a business, period. I'm astounded there are people dense enough to not understand that.

Feel free to point out all 10 of those people. We will look into every single one of them, and take action if we feel it is required. Guess what, that is EXACTLY what happened to you: A few members reported your posts saying they feel you are running a business, it was investigated, and we feel you are. It is that simple, you were not "singled out".

For the record, nobody has called into question your integrity as a seller, we have no reason to believe you are anything outside of a stand up guy. That is the reason we've given you assistance in becoming legit rather than just banning you and moving on.

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator

Really?

I was asked to stay out and leave this alone days ago until it was settled. I did and someone else kept it going. I may even lose my Mod position for this but I will not sit back and let this staff and site get blasted and people threaten to leave to try and get their way.

Bottom line, He was NEVER told that he would NOT be allowed to continue, only that the owner needed to approve this. It is no different that several other small projects that are not big enough for vendor status but still needs approval or that he would indeed need to become a vendor.

If he gets it or not is not up to me.

Next he played everyones emotions, even to the point of people telling him to "Create a second account" or "Do a build thread and watch your wording near the end"
Wow, thats integrity.

Now, 1 person comes in that is on the other side and he flips out about character.
Well what about this?

That's character? You were simply asked to wait and then you are gonna publicly say this?

Then you have this,,
Very important note: I have had MANY PEOPLE contact me wanting a car built to their liking. If this applies to you I NEED you to contact me via pm to alert me of you genuine ability to have me build one. It's too hard for me to chase down posts on everyone and keep track of what you want. In the pm I will need you to provide me with the following:
1) name and phone numbe
2) the car you're wanting
3) whether or not funds are in place
4) a timeframe for completion

After that I will contact you and begin the process of sorting out logistics. It's one thing for you to tell me you are interested. It's an entirely different case for you to actually have the funds ready to go on said car. As mentioned previously, I won't begin a car without first confirming that you're capable of finalizing the deal. I can't afford to endure the rigorous undertaking on these cars only to end up sitting on a car that was built specifically for you

Wow, slap me in the face again why don't you.
Yea, that's character.

Now lets get to what started it all, Your own post in the thread for those who claim it is just a hobby,,,,,,,,
If you guys truly think he never turns a profit then you are clueless.

Yea, someone is going to keep building custom cars losing 2-3K each?

Any decent searching turns up up plenty cars, parts, ebay, etc..

Well it would appear this car is 99% sold and I'm now finishing for a particular customer. Looks like I'll be getting my next project started sooner than I thought

Yes I think I have. Btw if anyone has a particular car they want built feel free to let me know and I'll make it my next project for sale.

I usually make a grand or so per car. I could easily make mote but I for one would rather achieve a quick sale and not destroy someone's pocket book in the process.

I certainly appreciate the kind words. That makes me very humble. As far as my next project, I'm looking for the right car as we speak. I hope to crank out one a month. They'll all be of the same caliber

Here's my favorite for you "But they are his personal cars" people

In all honesty that's pretty much it. I have a close friend that owns a fairly high end dealership that helps me track down most of the cars. Ive also found a couple on the boards that people need to unload fast for any number of reasons. Parts are the same. I've bought so many items from a lot of the bigger name online retailers that a lot of them know me by name and give me great deals because they can expect that I'll be back often. Beyond that info guys I'd really prefer not to get too much into the finances aspect. It starts to become a little too personal to share on a public forum. Not trying to be rude so please don't take it that way. The fact remains that I'm not doing this to turn huge profits. If that was the aim I wouldn't invest the time and funds I do into each ride. I have over the past couple months been considering opening a small lot with maybe 3-5 cars at a time dealing with nothing but mustangs, vettes, older vipers etc. I'd essentially do what I'm doing now as far as buying, customizing and selling just on a slightly grander scale then I've been doing on my own for the past couple years. If I did I would certainly continue to cater to SVTP guys first and foremost.

That's very kind of you. I'm really thinking of picking up the pace a bit and turning out 2 or 3 a month. I hope it works out. I am accepting requests for those that are looking for something in particular that actually have funds ready. I WON'T start a specific project for someone unless they can prove they have funds available to buy the car once completed though. I think that's only fair.

The Z was an 04 that I did heads,cam, full exhaust etc. It made middle 400's to the wheel. I also tossed some HRE wheels on it. That car was insanely clean. I do have a regular job. A couple actually. Ive been active duty air force for 11 years and I also own two fitness websites. I'd be more the happy to assist in helping you find a car. I have 3 or 4 people in line for builds at the moment. After they see the final product with this car that number is sure to rise!! Haha
[/QUOTE]

I don't care about money, vendor fees, any of it. But to attack the site and staff for doing what we are supposed to do and take up for someone who is attempting to break the rules while all he was asked to do is wait for clarification and approval is wrong.

I'm done, anyone want to take it up with me I'll be on tonight after 6 or so.

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
I just had to remove 1 post.

I will also say that any bashing of the site and staff directly or indirectly will not be tolerated.

Users who are viewing this thread