Premium Member
2013 Shelby GT500 Super Snake CSM#13SS0008

2013 Shelby GT 500 Super Snake CSM 13SS0008.jpg

Last edited:

Vinnie_B

"LIVE LIFE AT FULL THROTTLE"
Established Member
Premium Member
Wow....now that's super clean Heart -n- soul! Well done and represented!! (y)

Blkblk13car

Established Member
How are you guys cleaning your bays? Mines way overdue and I’m wondering what’s a safe but pretty aggresive way of washing tons of grime off

Vinnie_B

Established Member
Premium Member
How are you guys cleaning your bays? Mines way overdue and I’m wondering what’s a safe but pretty aggresive way of washing tons of grime off
Well depends......If it has alot of grime I'd start at your local car wash. Pick up some degreaser and spray it down( Be careful when useing a high pressure water in your engine bay) than its all about taking some time and elbow grease to wipe everthing down. I do it every winter. I actually take out what i can and wipe and detail the engine and bay. Its about being persistent and sticking with a routine. There are hundreds of products to pick from to put the finishing touches to your likeing. The super snake hood vents can be a pain cause you get water spots and water on your motor everytime you wash the car. To fix this pick up a shower curtain and cover your engine prior to washing, saves alot of time having to wipe everything down after every car wash.

Blkblk13car

Established Member
Well depends......If it has alot of grime I'd start at your local car wash. Pick up some degreaser and spray it down( Be careful when useing a high pressure water in your engine bay) than its all about taking some time and elbow grease to wipe everthing down. I do it every winter. I actually take out what i can and wipe and detail the engine and bay. Its about being persistent and sticking with a routine. There are hundreds of products to pick from to put the finishing touches to your likeing. The super snake hood vents can be a pain cause you get water spots and water on your motor everytime you wash the car. To fix this pick up a shower curtain and cover your engine prior to washing, saves alot of time having to wipe everything down after every car wash.
are we fine spraying degreaser in the bay (with intake off and taped off). I was worried about alternator

Vinnie_B

Established Member
Premium Member
are we fine spraying degreaser in the bay (with intake off and taped off). I was worried about alternator
I wouldnt spray down alternator and use caution around your fuse panel. Just be careful and dont over spray down everything!!

1Kona_Venom

US Army (Ret)
Established Member
Premium Member
DM me a pic of your engine bay.

1. Do not use a public car wash
- use garden hose with sprayer set on "shower" high pressure is not needed
2. Never wash engine bay with motor hot
3. Use towels on each side of the COP covers closest to the firewall. Place towels in a ball or fold and cover the rear of the COP cover
4. I use Chemical Guys ALL-Clean. Spray liberally
5. Use a small camel hair brush for nooks and crannies Large camel hair brush for larger areas. Spray cleaner into your brushes to really suds them up
6. Rinse with clean water
- Minimize water on your air filter/meter
7. Employ leaf blower and blow engine bay dry
- Key is to get the water off the Aluminum pieces. If allowed to dry, that will
begin the process of staining and oxidization look
8. Apply Chemical Guys Silk Shine (water base not oil based like Armor All)

Shower curtains good, I tape ziplock bags over my vents. Place large beach towel over the engine bay, same effect/results
What do you use to polish your billet pieces/blower?

Last edited:

railroad

Established Member
I used to buy a Honda product at the cycle shops, called Spray and Shine or Clean and Shine. Comes in a spray can like rattle can spray paint.
It is safe on all finishes, cleans and leaves a non sticky shine on smooth surfaces. It really does good on hoses, and aluminum.
Looks like a different can, but should be the same stuff.

Vinnie_B

Established Member
Premium Member

3. Use towels on each side of the COP covers closest to the firewall. Place towels in a ball or fold and cover the rear of the COP cover
5. Use a small camel hair brush for nooks and crannies Large camel hair brush for larger areas. Spray cleaner into your brushes to really suds them up

Shower curtains good, I tape ziplock bags over my vents. Place large beach towel over the engine bay, same effect/results

Now that's a show quality engine bay!! I use blue magic(METAL POLISH CREAM) mothers( mag and Aluminum cleaner) works for me.

blue 07

Established Member
Here's my 2013 engine bay. And yes I do a lot of car shows . My buddy who paints for Steven Tylers motorcycle company does my air brushing. Quite an artist !

(*Also did the Mustang under my hood on my 2007 pictured )

Attachments

• IMG_4570.JPG
    IMG_4570.JPG
    328.5 KB · Views: 105
  • IMG_0310.JPG
    IMG_0310.JPG
    262.6 KB · Views: 102
  • IMG_0311.JPG
    IMG_0311.JPG
    281.4 KB · Views: 114
  • IMG_0308.JPG
    IMG_0308.JPG
    272.1 KB · Views: 97
  • IMG_0010.JPG
    IMG_0010.JPG
    309.1 KB · Views: 101

Vinnie_B

Established Member
Premium Member
Here's my 2013 engine bay. And yes I do a lot of car shows . My buddy who paints for Steven Tylers motorcycle company does my air brushing. Quite an artist !

(*Also did the Mustang under my hood on my 2007 pictured )
Wow........This is one amazing detailed 2013 heart n soul. The art work is awesome. Trophy winner !!! (y)

Users who are viewing this thread