Shaun White's flag etiquette.

ford fanatic

Four Eyed Freak
Established Member
Shouldn't he know better after being in the Olympics and winning multiple medals to keep the flag off the ground? He literally dragged it around and even stepped on it a few times.

Voltwings

Established Member
My wife and I were talking about this. He just won Gold at arguably his last Olympics after coming off major injuries. I don't think he did it out of spite or neglect, I think he was just caught up in the moment. I'm willing to give him a pass.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
Meh...good for him, and I will give him half a pass. He was upstaged by a 17 year old kid who performed better (although not much lol), won her first gold at her very first olympics and who had more reason to be caught up in the moment and didnt drag it on the ground nor did she step on it.

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
yea I didn't see that as anything more then caught up in the moment. I think the dudes about as Patriotic as it gets.

I know one thing and that he's a hellova a lot more Patriotic then the scumbags we have in the NFL getting paid million to kneel and disrespect the flag like little bitches cause god happen to make them fast runners on the field.

this dude got to where he is from hard ****ing work and endless hours of practicing when everyone else went home!

HillbillyHotRod

Hooligan rabble rouser
Established Member
He may have been caught up in the moment, but. He should know that the American flag never, EVER, touches the ground. He has won gold before so it is not like something new to him. It would be hard to guess how many people do not know flag etiquette.

Last edited:

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
well with so-called sports like curling its a wonder anyone does actually. its a ****ing hobby u play when ur drunk and yet its been an Olympic sport since 1942 smh plenty of so-called sports have been removed so IDN why this aint one of em....

Baseball was removed from the olympics cause we all know Baseball is hardly a Sport smh and Wrestling just made the cut. Wrestling just made the cut but curling has a spot set in stone. something fundamentally wrong with that!

I guess they pick things that many countries do I guess and not many play Baseball but not many play Basketball either but its still there.

People still watch the Olympics?

Last edited:

SirShaun

Established Member
It caught my attention as well. I was giving him the benefit of the doubt initially where as it was touching snow, and not actually the ground lol.

The longer he mishandled it though, the more I realized he was from California.

Dr. Gonzo

We're in Bat Country
Established Member
Premium Member
Your point is noted about never letting Our flag hit the ground, and I agree. However, the dude just threw it down big time on his final run to win the gold metal, and was running on adrenaline. Shaun White has never said or done anything to make me suspect he doesn't love the United States of America, so I'm definitely giving him benefit of the doubt that it was just an oversight.

Flag.jpg

Mpoitrast87

Established Member
Guy went from bashing his face in and almost retiring to winning gold. Shaun eat, breathes and sleeps olympics. It’s clear he was overwhelmed after winning so I give him a pass

ford fanatic

Four Eyed Freak
Established Member
Meh...good for him, and I will give him half a pass. He was upstaged by a 17 year old kid who performed better (although not much lol), won her first gold at her very first olympics and who had more reason to be caught up in the moment and didnt drag it on the ground nor did she step on it.

There's plenty of video all over the news because people are in such an uproar about it, and he even apologized for it.

Willie2

Established Member
Premium Member
I give him a pass as well. He was in the moment. It's like when they want to interview the athlete as soon as they get done doing their thing and they're so out of breath you can hardly understand them.

32ValveRom

Don't mess with Teksids
Established Member
Saw this yesterday. Honestly, I don't see the big deal. He just won a gold medal. He might still be a little tired and excited from his win. He didn't do it intentionally. Not to mention, people are always violating flag code and nobody says anything

IronSnake

Beers for the boys
Established Member
Last time I checked, he just spun in more circles, flipped more, and performed more athletically in a 12 second run then all of us do in an entire year.

I imagine he was probably "a little bit" tired.

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Non issue. yes, technically it was mishandled. But as has been stated, he just did something extraordinary on behalf of our country on the world stage.

He was displaying it out of pride, not spite or irreverence. Gets a pass.

Users who are viewing this thread