She Fired!!!!!

frdmstnggt

Mine: Audi, Yours: Innie
Established Member
Well after a few months of having the engine out for a home rebuild I finally got a chance to fire the engine over. I primed the oil pump and topped off all fluids. Next came the fuse for the fuel pump which I pulled earlier to allow no fuel to the engine for cranking purposes for oil pump priming. After that I called about 10 of my friends and my neighbor. About 20 minutes later of anxiousness and excitement everybody was there. I then hooked the positive terminal back up gave her a once over topo and bottom and was satisfied. I had my wofe in the passenger seat and me behind the wheel. I turned the key to the "on" position and let the computer come around for about 3 seconds. Next I told everyone "Here we go" and turned the key. After a few rotations of the starter I felt a glug, glug, ......glug.....vrooooom! I was so excited!!!! My best friend brought a cheap shampane bottle w/o me knowing and he popped it after it fired. It was like winning NASCAR or something. So I let her settle for about 20 minutes check all the fluids again, topped of and went for her first ride. She feels Great!!! I am so pleased. My first engine rebuild fired right over the first time!!!! Thanks to everyone for all the help. Wish there was someway I could repay all you back for all of your knowledge that you gave me.:beer: :rolling: :burnout: :read:

SVT_Gixxer1000

Crazy Canadian
Established Member
Wow, I' am glad to here everything went 100%, congrats on your sucess. Is this your first build? Any mystery bolts left over:-D

o0QuikSilver0o

Established Member
Grats man. I went through a simular experience when I melted one of my pistons to the sleeve in my civic.. It was a pretty sweet time.

bmfgsxr

Established Member
congrats man thats good stuff. did you rebuild it to stock specs, and stock parts, or did you do a little extra while you were in there?

MMShaggy

10 Second Club
Established Member
SVT_Gixxer1000 said:
Any mystery bolts left over:-D

Ahh that quote reminds me of my stang...
Hmmw here did this bolt come from, was this spring out of the car? what about these nuts... lol

Nice work on your first rebuild, congrats on a job well done.

And I'm with bmfgsxr, did you do it back to stock or built it up?

frdmstnggt

Mine: Audi, Yours: Innie
Established Member
LOL, exactly MMShaggy. Bmfgsxr, I put in aftermarket pistons and rods. They are a combo of Forged Manley 18cc Pistons and ModMax H-Beams w/ ARP 2000's. Also put in ARP Head Studs and Main Studs. A Canton 7qt oil pan w/ Canton windage tray. That's about it. There will be more done in the near future.

Users who are viewing this thread