Shelby Black Hornet

horseplay

Crazy MMA Junkie
Established Member
This Car is going on the Auction Block from December 2nd till the 12th, Its Carroll Shelbys Personal Car 1 of 1

http://www.restorationhardware.com/rh/shelby/1_index.jsp

MINI 1:64 Scale of the Shelby Black Hornet
http://www.restorationhardware.com/...oductId=prod1530024&navAction=jump&navCount=3
( PLACED MY ORDER FOR THIS & THE SUPER SNAKE EARLIER )

Pic1-2.jpg

Pic2-2.jpg

Pic3-2.jpg

Pic4-2.jpg

Pic5-1.jpg

Pic6-1.jpg

Pic7-1.jpg

Pic8-1.jpg

Pic9.jpg

Pic10.jpg

Pic11.jpg

Pic12.jpg

REMEMBER THIS BEAST ( SHELBY COBRA SUPER SNAKE )

SOLD AT BARRETT- JACKSON

FOR $5.5 MILLION

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPES8hxU4dM&feature=related"]Youtube - Shelby Cobra Super Snake [/ame]

MINI 1:64 Scale of the Shelby Cobra Super Snake
http://www.restorationhardware.com/...oductId=prod1530019&navAction=jump&navCount=5

And 1:18 Scale
http://www.restorationhardware.com/...oductId=prod1529004&navAction=jump&navCount=7

ShelbySupersnake.jpg

ShelbySupersnake1.jpg

deadly97snake

Established Member
if you notice- ron pratt always buys shelbys at barret jackson. he bought the knight rider, and the first gt500 kr. the one with the glass roof. 1 of 1. would love to see the guys collection what know what he does for a living

STG

Banned
Yet another "personal" car of Carroll Shelby's. Proceeds to his childrens foundation! The one that's given out 5% to kids and B-J and Ford refuse to back any longer.

I believe that's his personal car just like I believe he "found" those "uncompleted" original 427 chassis in his Gardena, California warehouse. You know, the ones Mike McCluskey admitted to building in Torrance, California.

:dancenana:

firebird1999us

Established Member
Yet another "personal" car of Carroll Shelby's. Proceeds to his childrens foundation! The one that's given out 5% to kids and B-J and Ford refuse to back any longer.

I believe that's his personal car just like I believe he "found" those "uncompleted" original 427 chassis in his Gardena, California warehouse. You know, the ones Mike McCluskey admitted to building in Torrance, California.

:dancenana:

:thumbsup::p

Yeah, I'm a little bit over Shelby myself:shrug:

Red10thcv

Established Member
The One I Want.

In 1967, Shelby made a 428 coupe called "Lil Red". That's for real...Not some show case car for sale. Old Farts like us don't forget real history!

mosconiac

Established Member
How had I not heard of this car before??!?!!??!

The six 66 GT350 'verts, Green Hornet, the Super Snakes, and Little Red were all VERY well-known and documented. This one seems to have come out of nowhere. I find it very hard to believe this one was just forgotten about.

Maybe it was built in 2003 (when they say Carroll took possession of it). They do admit it is a "authorized reproduction", which means nothing when the man "authorizing" it is the same man that is building it.

Last edited:

Powershift03

Clapped out race car
Established Member

The six 66 GT350 'verts, Green Hornet, the Super Snakes, and Little Red were all VERY well-known and documented. This one seems to have come out of nowhere. I find it very hard to believe this one was just forgotten about.

Maybe it was built in 2003 (when they say Carroll took possession of it). They do admit it is a "authorized reproduction", which means nothing when the man "authorizing" it is the same man that is building it.

You guessed right.. it's not an original car. It's just another "special" car which ol Shelby is trying to sell for a mint. Here is a quote off the site about the car...

"The car began life as a vintage 1968 Mustang, and was transformed into an authentic Shelby muscle car worthy of inclusion in the Shelby Worldwide Registry."

Basically, if anyone other than Shelby built it.. it would be a cool car. But since HE is the one that had it built.. and added it to the registry... it's somehow supposed to be worth a mint. Shelby is getting worse than Ford with all his "special editions"! LOL

fiveoh2go

Cleveland's OG
Established Member
I can haz SVT Cobra back now?
Haha, definitely.

I know Mr. Coletti's dream was to bring Shelby back into the fold with Ford, but I think it's turned into a nightmare for the working class enthusiast who can no longer afford the top-dog Mustang much less the original Shelby cars from back in the day.

You guessed right.. it's not an original car. It's just another "special" car which ol Shelby is trying to sell for a mint. Here is a quote off the site about the car...

"The car began life as a vintage 1968 Mustang, and was transformed into an authentic Shelby muscle car worthy of inclusion in the Shelby Worldwide Registry."

Basically, if anyone other than Shelby built it.. it would be a cool car. But since HE is the one that had it built.. and added it to the registry... it's somehow supposed to be worth a mint. Shelby is getting worse than Ford with all his "special editions"! LOL

Yeah, but it's all for the kids.....:rolleyes:

:nonono:

STG

Banned

And that is Carroll Shelby in a nutshell. Just keep grinding out "authorized" one-offs. For crying out loud, it's a Green Hornet tribute car in the wrong color.

Wintermute

Banned
I'm sure Ford will whore out a "limited edition" SHELBY black hornet GT500 in the near future.

Although I'd enjoy it if he died in a fire, what I'd really like is for some event to just grind his name into the dirt, like a documented kid-touching conviction or something.

Phallen

Trackday Junkie
Established Member
Carrol Shelby has fast become a piece of shit in my book. It's disgusting that he sells so much throught the Children's Charity, yet hardly no children benefit from it.

What a douche.

Users who are viewing this thread