Shelby blower swap finished

MassDSGsvt

FORCE FED BOOST
Established Member
I didnt plan on doing the swap after just putting on a posi blower. But i couldnt resist the opportunity. I was able to get a 13 shelby blower from a friend in exchange for some side work. I will say dealing with James at Cobra Engineering was great. He answered all my questions amd his turn around for everything was quick. Kept me updated on what was going on. He gave me a good price on machining the blower and porting the inlet and plenum. Also his kit was high quality and machine work was perfect with no issues. I paint the blower the same as I did my posi. Replaced hardware with stainless and made a intake using a gen1 cold air. Cut it painted it and flipped it around. Hopefully good pics and video will come in thw summer. Will be posted to my instagram 03svt_13tvs
thanks for looking and very interested in feedback.

Screenshot_2014-12-11-07-55-07-1_zpsfpp3yjcj.png

20141010_184954_zpsg1czz91u.jpg

Screenshot_2014-12-04-08-25-24-1_zpsbe60kqcd.png

Port job by cobra engineering
Screenshot_2014-12-11-08-04-01-1_zpsxeiphuny.png

After sanding and cleaning I applied the paint.
Screenshot_2014-12-04-08-32-01-1_zpsi9ecusx3.jpg

Inlet comparison - Both blower inlets are ported
20141008_222755_zpsbcubojlo.jpg

Adaptor plate installed to intercooler and onto the lower manifold.
20141008_224609_zps7vkohwsl.jpg

Stainless hardware and 3.10 BF pulley
20141008_231220_zpshnpcvk1y.jpg

20141010_212353_zpsqxgptglp.jpg

20141105_200448_zpsgd27q6ed.jpg

Screenshot_2014-11-11-09-16-59-1_zps3fkf0tup.png

It started good on first start up. Idle was perfect. Had a 4lb lower and made too much boost. Had to go back a second time. It made 17.8 with the 3.10 with stock lower and stock manifolds.

Shelby blower on 03 cobra: http://youtu.be/o0dKqYF8CQU

03 COBRA DYNO EXHAUST: http://youtu.be/Vv6xqJVONLQ

2.3 TVS 03 COBRA: http://youtu.be/GQlw3H1djpU

20141110_155947_zpsm5xbmyzw.jpg

Last edited:

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Awesome work! Something different and made comparable power to all the other blowers out there.

MassDSGsvt

FORCE FED BOOST
Established Member
looks great man, you looking to sell the posi blower?

Thanks man. I actually had the blower sold before I took it off. Luckily he waited for me to finally do the swap.

Very nice! You made some good power with that. How much power over your posi port did you make?

Thanks. Posi made 18lbs with 2.93/4lb and dynoed 507hp 527tq so a gain of 100hp on the same boost

PWORLDSTANG

Bring 'Em Out
Established Member
looks great man, you looking to sell the posi blower?

Thanks man. I actually had the blower sold before I took it off. Luckily he waited for me to finally do the swap.

Thanks. Posi made 18lbs with 2.93/4lb and dynoed 507hp 527tq so a gain of 100hp on the same boost

Definitely great power you picked up over your Posi Port, and I think Posi had the best port for the Eaton. I wonder what this swap costs compared to a VMP TVS. The numbers you made are comparable to a TVS at 17lbs. If the Shelby blower is cheaper it may be an option for some folks.

MassDSGsvt

FORCE FED BOOST
Established Member
Definitely great power you picked up over your Posi Port, and I think Posi had the best port for the Eaton. I wonder what this swap costs compared to a VMP TVS. The numbers you made are comparable to a TVS at 17lbs. If the Shelby blower is cheaper it may be an option for some folks.

Thanks. I think it did pretty well. Im on stock manifolds so I know its a little restricted. Im thinking with longtubes I will gain a little and drop a couple lbs of boost. So I think its pretty comparable to the TVS since they are practically the same blower just different intake sides. Although they may have made changes but I dont know for sure.
As far as the cost I think they run 1700 but I'm not positive. Mine came from a good friend so I didn't have to pay money just some of my time. And the adaptor plate kit for cobra engineering was $700 and all the supporting mods were the same as for the posi. The only difference was I grabbed a junk gen 1 jlt from a friend and modified it.

Goose17

I have a major ego, and need attention.
Established Member
Very cool. This is the first Trinity blower I've seen on a Terminator. Well done!

The only thing I would have done slightly differently and is common when the 07-12 Shelby's do the swap is to have ground off the "5.8". As long as you paint the blower like you did, you never know the "5.8" was there. That way there isn't an incorrect badge about the engine size.

MassDSGsvt

FORCE FED BOOST
Established Member
Very cool. This is the first Trinity blower I've seen on a Terminator. Well done!

The only thing I would have done slightly differently and is common when the 07-12 Shelby's do the swap is to have ground off the "5.8". As long as you paint the blower like you did, you never know the "5.8" was there. That way there isn't an incorrect badge about the engine size.

Thanks. I could be wrong but I dont think there blowers say anything on them from the start. They are a h122 and t hhh is is the 2.3tvs. But yes believe me I thought about it. Problem is it has the X pattern across the top and SVT on the other side. So i would basically have to shave the entire case smooth. Then i thought how fun it would be watching everyone scratch their head in complete confusion.

Last edited:

Goose17

I have a major ego, and need attention.
Established Member
Thanks. I could be wrong but I dont think there blowers say anything on them from the start. They are a h122 and t hhh is is the 2.3tvs. But yes believe me I thought about it. Problem is it has the X pattern across the top and SVT on the other side. So i would basically have to shave the entire case smooth. Then i thought how fun it would be watching everyone scratch their head in complete confusion.

The 13/14 Shelby's have the 5.8 motor (the Trinity) and the factory TVS blowers have the "5.8" on them - which you have. If you check this site or the other one under the fordgt500 section, you will see quite a few 07-12 guys that have swapped to a 13/14 take off blower and have had the numbers shaven off. With painting/powder coating, it looks excellent.

Users who are viewing this thread