Shelby GT500 on I-4 Tampa

Black Thunder 715

Established Member
I was driving tonight (5/24/14) at the end of I-4 south in front of down town Tampa just before I-275 in my '12 GT/CS when out of nowhere a '13 or '14 dark (black or dib) Shelby GT500 with a very loud muffler came flying by me in the left lane and continued toward I-275 south. I took the exit ramp toward I-275 north so I couldn't follow it. Are you one of the members on this forum? If so what kind of mufflers did you install on your car? They sounded very nice.:beer:

Last edited:

hungary00

Established Member
Yeah I don't see many Cobras around here. A GT500 may be , but an sn95 Cobra no . Beside my frien's 96 Cobra and my 96, I have never seen any .

xxkazp3rxx

Established Member
If it had the black quad tipped exhaust, that might've been me, but I don't know how loud the car you mention was or wasn't lol... I only know of one other black 13/14 Shelby that I've seen around Tampa and I know of one in the Clearwater/Pinellas area... but, I drive to downtown Tampa/Brandon from where I live in Tampa.

For what it's worth, if that was me (I see the thread came on a while ago) but I have the black quad tip magnaflow catback system for now.

3Stang

YMR# 9631
Established Member
My buddy had a black '13 that was loud that lived in the Pinellas area. Traded it for a jeep.

Black Thunder 715

Established Member
If it had the black quad tipped exhaust, that might've been me, but I don't know how loud the car you mention was or wasn't lol... I only know of one other black 13/14 Shelby that I've seen around Tampa and I know of one in the Clearwater/Pinellas area... but, I drive to downtown Tampa/Brandon from where I live in Tampa.

For what it's worth, if that was me (I see the thread came on a while ago) but I have the black quad tip magnaflow catback system for now.

It was dark and I was getting ready to take the exit ramp to I-275 N from I-4 so I didn't have time to look at the tips. I've seen quite a few black '13-14 Shelbys around the north part of the county and mine is black too without stripes. And just last Saturday, I was heading to the Dupont Registry cars & coffee event in St. Pete and I saw a black new Shelby on the emergency lane being assisted by a road ranger on the Pinellas county side of the Howard Frankland bridge.

BMR Tech

It may have been ThomasL - wicked nasty 2014 GT500/ Blk/Blk....slammed on BMR, powered by E85 and VMP Gen 2, and rocking a Dynatech Exhaust.

xxkazp3rxx

Established Member
It wasn't me anytime recently, lol

My car has been sitting at Ramsey's... tried to swap on a 2.8 KB and found out that my compression and timing was off on the timing chain - hope to get her back shortly.. im black with black stripes.

I am on a couple of FB groups for mustangs in tampa and they seem to have more then a couple of meets and cruises, but my car has been down - a few impressive ones there from what I can see too...

Roushman

Tampa Whipped and more
Established Member
How longs it been there? I was by there a few weeks ago and saw blk on blk.

Black Thunder 715

Established Member
I drive by Ramsey's everyday but haven't noticed your car since I have to pay attention to the traffic light coming ahead going southbound on 41. Plus traffic is sometimes heavy in the morning. How the heck is compression and timing off on the chain?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread