Shelby will roll out 10 new limited-edition ’67 Mustang GT500 Super Snakes

IronSnake

Beers for the boys
Established Member
I mean.. it's super cool. But isn't it just reliving the past over and over and over again? How many times can you make "special edition, special release, once in a lifetime chance" cars? This happens every so often.

These cars only undermine the value and place of the originals. Part of what makes a real 67' GT500 from the original run so cool and desirable is that somewhere some little kid saw it sitting on a lot brand new and dreamed about it. Just like we all did. This is just a money ploy car. The original was an icon.

mnewxcv

Established Member
I saw the video promoting this. The car would barely stay running after the cold start. I hate shelby america personally.

_Snake_

Established Member
I mean.. it's super cool. But isn't it just reliving the past over and over and over again? How many times can you make "special edition, special release, once in a lifetime chance" cars? This happens every so often.

These cars only undermine the value and place of the originals. Part of what makes a real 67' GT500 from the original run so cool and desirable is that somewhere some little kid saw it sitting on a lot brand new and dreamed about it. Just like we all did. This is just a money ploy car. The original was an icon.

I don’t personally think they’ll undermine the value of the originals. At least that wasn’t the case with the Continuation Cobras.

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Maybe it will actually look like a Mustang again.... Imagine that:rolleyes:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
At a quarter mil a pop, don't think so.
Shelby must really be hurting to have to do something like this.
Not necessarily. This could be more of a money grab than anything. Old classic muscle is selling for serious money. I just watched Mecum and was shocked at the bidding. There's obviously money to be made, and Shelby IMO is taking advantage of the climate.

sparkadellic

Established Member
Premium Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
I was at the Shelby museum a couple of weeks ago and saw it, nice looking car. They said they are making it as close to original as possible, ie all the markings on frame and using hoses with correct date stamp and stickers. The one in the shop had an aluminum 427. Like I said nice looking car but paying to much for a "remake" in my opinion.

08mojo

Established Member
I was at the Shelby museum a couple of weeks ago and saw it, nice looking car. They said they are making it as close to original as possible, ie all the markings on frame and using hoses with correct date stamp and stickers. The one in the shop had an aluminum 427. Like I said nice looking car but paying to much for a "remake" in my opinion.

I've never understood this whole craze of 'as close to original as possible.' Meaning, why do people really car about markings on the frames and hoses with the right stickers? For a museum sure, but outside of that I don't understand the hype (i.e. the money people are willing to pay for those frivolous things).

Users who are viewing this thread