Shelf life of wax?

03 svtvenom

Repent!!!
Established Member
I have Clearkote and Klasse that I was going to use this week. It is about 4 years old I think. Just curious if anyone knows what the shelf life might be. Thanks, Ryan

mystic04

Established Member
If it hasn't been frozen the wax should be ok and i would think the klasse should be ok to just shake the Klasse up really good and see what it looks like if it dosen't mix good then toss.

oldmodman

Established Member
I have wax that is thirty years old and perfectly fine.

There used to be a brand of hard Carnuba paste wax in a can called "Harly Wax". It had nothing to do with motorcycles, that was just it's name.

I could only find it at a membership store name Fedco that was a chain in Southern California. When I heard that they would no longer be carrying Harly Wax I bought every can they had. At the time they were about $4.00 for a huge can. And I have been using it ever since. It has been stored on a shelf in my house. And when a can gets low and starts to crack I just save it until I have three or four cans like that them melt the wax and pour all of the melted pieces into one of the cans. And it still goes on and wipes off just like it did when I bought it thirty years ago.

And one of the cans was frozen for a few weeks while I was taking a trip to see friends in Colorado one winter. It did crack from the cold. I just steamed it until it melted and let it re-harden and it was fine too.

03 svtvenom

Repent!!!
Established Member
Thanks guys, the hand glaze and Klasse is fine but the carnuaba wax is thicker. I shook it pretty well and everything worked great.

Users who are viewing this thread