Shift light ?

WydOpen

Established Member
My 2010 has it built in to the dash (flashes the SVT symbol and rpm gauge), do the older Shelby cars not have this feature? I don't have mine turned on and have never used it, so I can't say how well it works.

In my '04 Cobra I had the raptor shift light and it worked great...I'd recommend that.

thapr3dat0r

Just the Tip
Established Member
My '08 has the built in shift light. Its the SVT lettering in the gauge cluster. You can set when it lights up. It also makes an audible sound. I have mine set to 5K RPM. It works fine. Check out your owners manual

stkjock

Corn Powered 900 HP!
Established Member
trouble with the built in shift warning is that the max rpm it allows for the alert is 6000 rpm. get a raptor light and you'll love it.

BigDan

Established Member
Is there any pics of the Raptor shift light installed in a GT500?

The factory SVT light just isnt cutting it for me at the track as I seem to be keeping my eyes on the tach needle more the the track which is ok after 3rd gear at stock power levels but now that I'm modded I need to focus more on keeping it straight and less on the tach needle.

stkjock

Corn Powered 900 HP!
Established Member
on my GT - should be no different

raptorlightpa5.jpg

Illtaketwlight

Established Member
trouble with the built in shift warning is that the max rpm it allows for the alert is 6000 rpm. get a raptor light and you'll love it.

Yes sir, That's the problem with the stock light. Thanks for the replies. I just ordered a Raptor from Lethal. Be here next week. I'll post some pics once its installed. Anyone have pics of one installed ?

WydOpen

Established Member
stkjock's pic shows where most people seem to install the raptor shift light. In my '04 Cobra I had it mounted on the A-pillar with one of the Speed of Sound gauge pods (see pics below, I have the black cover on the light). I like it in this position so you can see the light while keeping your eye on the road/track. You'll notice a rocker switch next to my shifter. The previous owner wired the light to the switch and you could turn it off for driving around on the street.

p9290490.jpg

p9290489.jpg

Last edited:

acobra03

Established Member
My 2010 has it built in to the dash (flashes the SVT symbol and rpm gauge), do the older Shelby cars not have this feature? I don't have mine turned on and have never used it, so I can't say how well it works.

In my '04 Cobra I had the raptor shift light and it worked great...I'd recommend that.

My 2009 has the same feature.

BigDan

Established Member
^ But its adjustable on the 2010+ so you can take above 6k.

Is placement key on this Raptor light or is it bright enough to stick in the tach housing and still be bright and functional when your anticipating the next gear change.

FastOldGuy52

Established Member
My shift light is on the A pillar my son's is on the center of the gauge cluster of his 07 GT Mustang

stkjock

Corn Powered 900 HP!
Established Member
on my GT - should be no different

raptorlightpa5.jpg

Is placement key on this Raptor light or is it bright enough to stick in the tach housing and still be bright and functional when your anticipating the next gear change.

what do you think?

check the 1:25 and 2:31 mark and you can see it in action in this vid

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJ_amYT9ttY"]YouTube - Stkjock at the Sansone Ford Track Rental[/nomedia]

Users who are viewing this thread