Shifter

03reptile

Established Member
I've been driving the poop out of the 19' GT350 since putting in the MGW shifter. The more I drive it, the more I like it. I can't comprehend a shifter that is more communicative than this one. Totally pleased with it!

1FASFKR

Established Member
Wish I could have read the rest of your enlightening post before Brad edited it.

Probably better that I didn’t though...

Basically just callin you fellater.
Wish I could have read the rest of your enlightening post before Brad edited it.

Probably better that I didn’t though...

Your input with post 24 was totally unneccessary. Nothing but a shit stir. I wish you had seen it. I got nuthin to hide. I'll PM you the important part of it if you'd like.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Basically just callin you fellater.

Your input with post 24 was totally unneccessary. Nothing but a shit stir. I wish you had seen it. I got nuthin to hide. I'll PM you the important part of it if you'd like.

How was the week off? Good thing they don’t ban for stupid because you’d never be back.

Glad I’m living rent free in the pea brain of yours... so much so that you need to quote me 2x!

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Ninjak

Posting from The Shadow's
Established Member
Interesting read until the usual break down of opinions happen. I have a 17, and I have had no issues with my shifter. Now that said, I had a MGW in my 11 GT500. Why ? because the stock was trash. It was truly a night and day difference and worth the time and money to go with the MGW. I have also seen that shifter compared to other brands as I have help friends install them. MGW is a great product compared to some of the others. For the 350, I am still with my OEM because I have not had any issues, and the shifter does not feel sloppy or bad to me. Now will I buy a MGW one day ? Maybe. perhaps when I get ready to do the clutch. Until then I will keep the OEM and keep driving.

03reptile

Established Member
After 36 days of waiting, my Ford OEM shifter showed up at the dealership!! Good thing I purchased the MGW shifter a couple days after my 2019 Shifter crapped out. Now I have a new, updated, GT350 shifter to hang on the wall!

Saleen_1977

Established Member
I'm going with the MGW myself. Quick question, different topic, but do they have a clutch spring assist available for the 2019+ GT350/R's? On the site it says will not fit 2019+ GT350's.

Rjay

Established Member
I'm going with the MGW myself. Quick question, different topic, but do they have a clutch spring assist available for the 2019+ GT350/R's? On the site it says will not fit 2019+ GT350's.
Most prior owners/drivers say the 2019's don't need it. There were supposedly some improvements in that area.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Why you people argue with someone who has literally “been there and done that” with every Shelby or SVT car in the last 20 years is beyond me.

There is simply no arguing the mans knowledge —both pre production and post, as well as the aftermarket.

If you don’t have anything worth saying, just shut up and listen.

;)

Well what do we have here? Oopsie. Released today.

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

What a shocker. To some here anyway...

gasyone

Put Her In Jail!
Established Member
Great info less drama... Should I expect pushback from dealer if I elect to go with MGW vs OEM replacement on install if I have a listed car...

Sent from my iPad using svtperformance.com

ANGREY

Established Member
Great info less drama... Should I expect pushback from dealer if I elect to go with MGW vs OEM replacement on install if I have a listed car...

Sent from my iPad using svtperformance.com

I can't imagine there's a dealer that would give you grief about warranty if you have an aftermarket shifter. If you somehow wrecked 3rd and brought it in, maybe they could try to give you grief, but it'd be a weak argument.

ANGREY

Established Member
;)

Well what do we have here? Oopsie. Released today.

View attachment 1623539

View attachment 1623540
View attachment 1623541
View attachment 1623542

What a shocker. To some here anyway...

On the one hand, I'd say this changes the equation. Most of my opinion is/was based on the stock OEM without some sort of catastrophic potential failure.

Having said that, Ford is a corporation and it's curious what they recall or TSB and what they hide. Account after account of oil consumption and they won't recall or address that, but I haven't read a single solitary account of someone inadvertently shifting into reverse at speed. So this was either something Ford lost in a suit and decided it wasn't worth the risk of being sued again or they know something else they're not saying. It's always an equation (cost of recall or TSB vs. cost of legal and/or warranty claims risks).

So I'm skeptical that it's truly a problem (with lack of people reporting it) but if it is….then the value of an aftermarket rower now goes up and if you have to pick an aftermarket shifter then MGW is the easy choice.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Bottom line, it's a poor design. I've laid out why. It might have taken a bit for Ford to be pushed to the brink on it but here we are. The GT350 has some great hardware buried underneath the sheetmetal - just not the shifter.

JAJ

Rapidly Losing Interest
Established Member
So my 2020 has the new improved design ?
I don't think anyone suggested there was a new, improved design. The 2018/19 problem was a bad batch of shifters. The new replacement parts are the original design from 2015, except they are properly made. Everything Tob said about the design is still true.

Users who are viewing this thread