~Shine Seal Review~

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
With looking for good sealants for aluminum, Steve at True Forged did a little research and found out Zoopseal is no longer in business.

He did talk to the owner and found out they started a new business called "Shine Seal" ShineSeal.com ::: Protect Your Products :::

He sent me a kit so I could try it and give my feedback.

Here's my use and review on my True Forged Polished Victories.

Here's what I received.
5402606778_33c0f2bf85_b.jpg

5402606830_9759de0f49_b.jpg

The Master Kit comes with the following. Brite Shine Metal Polish, Shine Seal Bio Cleaner, Shine Seal Metal Sealer, and Slick Finish.

5402007255_e30a4e3f94_b.jpg

I first polished my wheel with Brite Shine Metal Polish.
5402007281_e6123a778c_b.jpg

Once the wheel is polished, you use 1 oz of Bio Cleaner w/ 16oz of water.
5402007359_1c6c6dc5e1_b.jpg

Once mixed with water, I used a spray bottle and sprayed it on the wheel.
5402007383_05d4a43966_b.jpg

Then I used a clean "Lint Free" cloth to wipe it off to prepare the surface for the sealer.
5402607044_850dbd9c5a_b.jpg

Next up comes the Metal Sealer. I used a clean cloth to apply it and let it dry. The Metal Sealer goes on kind of like Rain-X does on glass.
5402607082_e511d7c2d6_b.jpg

Then I wiped it off with a clean microfiber towel.
5402007481_fb01e2c506_b.jpg

The final step was to use the Slick Finish. (It is kind of like a wax to protect and shine after the Sealer)
5402607142_e4812e959e_b.jpg

I applied it with a clean microfiber and removed it with another clean microfiber.

Here are the resluts. Protected wheels that feel "Slick" to the touch and feel a lot less pourus.

As you can see, the sealer does not affect the shine. :coolman:
5402606960_72343aa721_b.jpg

5402007567_9f7dabe2ff_b.jpg

Hope this helps some of you looking for a good wheel sealant for Aluminum wheels. (Although it works on ALUMINUM, STAINLESS STEEL, BRASS, AND COPPER)

VtekII

Established Member
looks great kevin... just curious why you havent gone with chrome on any of your TF sets... fear of it pealing or just prefer it straight polished?

xfrosty63x

Established Member
Has anyone ever tried something like this on chrome? I know chrome is one of the items on its list of uses, but I have never read a review of ZoopSeal actually being used on chrome or any results.

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
looks great kevin... just curious why you havent gone with chrome on any of your TF sets... fear of it pealing or just prefer it straight polished?
I just prefer straight polished for Torch Red. If I would have tried a powdercoated center, then I would have gone with a chrome lip.

VtekII

Established Member
will steve do chrome centers on the 3pc wheels? My main concern i guess is just the lips get the light towel scratches and the haze no matter how well you care for them.. i have no doubt the sealer you used will do a great job of helping this problem.

oldmodman

Established Member
Looks like the product formerly known as Zoopseal has been replaced by an easier to apply, longer lasting, and above all CHEAPER:banana:product.

I've used Zoop before and it was always kind of finicky to apply. This new stuff looks like it goes on perfect. Sometimes the Zoop would leave a "milky' look to the finish that could last for weeks before it cleared up.

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
This is something that I could put to the test because I use my wheels all year around. Each summer I have to take them off and polish them up. They still look NOTHING like yours when I'm done. I'd like to minimize that and this just might be the ticket.

Does anyone know how much it would cost to have 4 wheels sent to a polisher? Wheels are 20" BossMotorsport 306's(look like True Forged Sleepers) If no idea on price, anyone know of a good company they recommend? Sorry if I'm hijacking the thread.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
awesome thread kevin :beer:

will steve do chrome centers on the 3pc wheels? My main concern i guess is just the lips get the light towel scratches and the haze no matter how well you care for them.. i have no doubt the sealer you used will do a great job of helping this problem.

chrome centers with polished lips? yes sir, we've done it before a few times.
not a BAD idea considering you can repair a polished lip but not a chrome one.

Looks like the product formerly known as Zoopseal has been replaced by an easier to apply, longer lasting, and above all CHEAPER:banana:product.

I've used Zoop before and it was always kind of finicky to apply. This new stuff looks like it goes on perfect. Sometimes the Zoop would leave a "milky' look to the finish that could last for weeks before it cleared up.

yes, he told me its an improved formula/product.

This is something that I could put to the test because I use my wheels all year around. Each summer I have to take them off and polish them up. They still look NOTHING like yours when I'm done. I'd like to minimize that and this just might be the ticket.

Does anyone know how much it would cost to have 4 wheels sent to a polisher? Wheels are 20" BossMotorsport 306's(look like True Forged Sleepers) If no idea on price, anyone know of a good company they recommend? Sorry if I'm hijacking the thread.

check around in your local area. there are metal polishers all over the place. it would be $$ to ship 20s, to and fro, just to have them polished. you can also do it yourself with some basic supplies. they sell a mini polishing kit at home depot.

Mudd92

03 AB Mach
Established Member
Great!! Do you know if this will help get off brake dust stain? Mine got pretty dirty on the inside from a wet day with brake-dust and all and the inside of the wheels stained a little (wasnt able to pull them off and wash for like 2 weeks !!! ) But a basic cleaning didnt remove it all, so curious if you think this chemical would do it or I need to do something else?

Last edited:

331Stroker

Stroked
Established Member
Might be a stupid question, but what do you use to apply? I know some of it sprays on and a microfiber, but what about the Brite Shine Metal Polish?

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
Great!! Do you know if this will help get off brake dust stain? Mine got pretty dirty on the inside from a wet day with brake-dust and all and the inside of the wheels stained a little (wasnt able to pull them off and wash for like 2 weeks !!! ) But a basic cleaning didnt remove it all, so curious if you think this chemical would do it or I need to do something else?
What kind of wheels do you have?

Might be a stupid question, but what do you use to apply? I know some of it sprays on and a microfiber, but what about the Brite Shine Metal Polish?
Microfiber on, clean microfiber off. :thumbsup:

LTHL VNM

Don't call it a comeback
Established Member
i'm going to be doing my wheels tomorrow afternoon, my kit showed up friday while i was out of town....really looking forward to the results!
i'll post pics

Raucous Dog

Established Member
Bought Based On This Review

04sleeper,
I purchased this master kit based on your review. I bought 20x9" Shelby Razors in chrome for my '07 Shelby GT500 and plan to apply ShineSeal prior to mounting the Nitto's.
My question is that the instructions that came with the kit make no mention of the Brite Shine Metal Polish, but you applied it first. The actual Brite Shine Metal Polish bottle instructs on the label, "To preserve shine, now apply ShineSeal Metal Sealer", but you applied the Bio Cleaner.
Per ShineSeal instructions on highly shiny polished surfaces:
1.) Bio Cleaner. (sounds right, cleaner first).
1a.) Per Metal Polish bottle, Metal Polish prior to Metal Sealer.
2.) Metal Sealer.
3.) Slick Finisher.

You cleaned them after you polshed them? Something doesn't jive. Help, please.

JustaGT

N/A Ain't For Me!
Established Member
What about little scuffs? Will the metal polish or finisher completely remove them and bring back the "bling"

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
What about little scuffs? Will the metal polish or finisher completely remove them and bring back the "bling"

i dont think so. i think you'd need to wet sand them with some ultra fine sandpaper first, then buff them out. polish and a towel alone doesnt usually do it.

and the sealer kit is to be used once the wheels are perfectly clean. it does not clean the wheel. just imagine spraying your wheels with some clear coat in a can, except it doesnt go on like that of course lol. its just a coating (albeit a complex one), its not cleaner or a repair kit.

i have specially sized/priced kits in stock ready to ship out if anyone would like one. just hit me up :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread