Shooting At Tennessee Church Of Christ; One Dead, Six Wounded

Screw-Rice

I like BBC
Established Member

Bioburner

Established Member
I was highly surprised that the news network stated that the usher had a carry permit and that he went to his car to retrieve the gun to then hold the killer till the police arrived.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Bioburner, some people with carry permits prefer to leave their gun in their cars for personal reasons, or the church may have a "no guns" policy. ?? My church doesn't have a policy on this and quite honestly, nobody except my Pastor, his wife, my wife, and a fellow member who is a cop, knows that I carry in church. So I carry on Sunday mornings pretty much every week. I personally don't see the sense in leaving your gun in your car UNLESS you're going into a "no guns allowed" facility which would include banks, post offices, schools, government buildings, etc.

Bioburner

Established Member
I was referring that usually the first thing the media covers up is the fact that law abiding individual with a carry permit stops a crime. In MN couple weeks ago had a attempted robbery of a Verizon store and was promptly stopped by the employee who carried. Maybe the new motto should be from a Dirty Harry movie "do you feel lucky punk?"

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Bioburner, some people with carry permits prefer to leave their gun in their cars for personal reasons, or the church may have a "no guns" policy. ?? My church doesn't have a policy on this and quite honestly, nobody except my Pastor, his wife, my wife, and a fellow member who is a cop, knows that I carry in church. So I carry on Sunday mornings pretty much every week. I personally don't see the sense in leaving your gun in your car UNLESS you're going into a "no guns allowed" facility which would include banks, post offices, schools, government buildings, etc.
Fyi Bob, banks aren't gun free zones usually. Unless it something specific to your state, they aren't covered under the law like schools and government buildings are. If you're a loyal customer, some banks are happy to have you carry while you do your business there.

Sent from my SM-G935P using the svtperformance.com mobile app

SolarYellow

Sensei
Established Member
Premium Member
My church doesn't have a policy on this and quite honestly, nobody except my Pastor, his wife, my wife, and a fellow member who is a cop, knows that I carry in church.

Is there a reason why you would tell anyone, except your wife, of such a thing unless, of course, you are wanded or walk through a metal detector?

Bioburner

Established Member
I've always been in the camp of "loose lips sink ships" and "let sleeping dogs lie". I have nothing to prove and is just part of my occupation. The VP of my bank knows only because I used to compete with pistol at the same local range he does.
Has been ABC news this AM on Good morning America as well as last night

tistan

Established Member
In Georgia, carrying in church didn't used to be allowed. I'm not sure if that has been changed recently with the campus carry laws.

Screw-Rice

I like BBC
Established Member
Fyi Bob, banks aren't gun free zones usually. Unless it something specific to your state, they aren't covered under the law like schools and government buildings are. If you're a loyal customer, some banks are happy to have you carry while you do your business there.

Sent from my SM-G935P using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Both my banks allow carry, some tend to be far more anti though. Always good to double check.

Hasn't seemed to make the national news yet.

I've had my local news on for an hour, no mention yet.

oldstv

Established Member
Premium Member
Muslim shooter / White church --- there will be no national outcry; no time of reflection as a nation on immigration policies; no marches; no outcry from the media --- business as usual and soon forgotten.

You are so right!!!! This is just one of the things that i am getting tired of. Makes me want to go out and pull down a statue of something.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
Hasn't seemed to make the national news yet.

It was on the little ticker strip on the news last night while they talked about the stupid nfl thing all night. I barely noticed it and had to rewind to see it. Probably because it was a church, an immigrant shooter, and black on black crime. Had it been a white shooter they would have cut into tv shows for "breaking news". But since it wasnt, it just gets a participation trophy. Smh

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Is there a reason why you would tell anyone, except your wife, of such a thing unless, of course, you are wanded or walk through a metal detector?
I work for the church so the pastor and his wife know I carry. We're very close friends. I'm also close friends with the cop and we shoot together occasionally, so he knows as well. While I agree that generally you shouldn't disclose to people that you're carrying, there are times and situations where it is prudent to do so.

strict9

Established Member
He wasn't muslim. He was Christian. Migrated from South Sudan which is predominately christian. Member of the church I believe also. I live about 4 miles from that church.

His facebook was full of interesting stuff but most was BLM type, not terrorist type stuff. The media if anything will spin this as "muslim" to keep any B vs W issues down.

Pretty sad as a few co workers were friends/family of a couple people that were shot.

thehunterooo

Established Member
He wasn't muslim. He was Christian. Migrated from South Sudan which is predominately christian. Member of the church I believe also. I live about 4 miles from that church.

His facebook was full of interesting stuff but most was BLM type, not terrorist type stuff. The media if anything will spin this as "muslim" to keep any B vs W issues down.

Pretty sad as a few co workers were friends/family of a couple people that were shot.

But multiple people in this thread said he was Muslim! Guess I'll have to wait until Trump is done being salty at the NFL to get the official word from him.

Users who are viewing this thread