Shooting in A country music bar in CA, several dead

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
I am of course saddened by this cowardly act. I take no pleasure in being right about it.

But when politicians, the talking heads and progressives et al continue to hammer at everyone that its a guns problem it pisses me off. Its a ****ing mental health problem. EVERY. SINGLE. CASE. California even has mental health restrictions on possession ALREADY.

I strongly oppose restricting a Constitutionally guaranteed right in any capacity except for one. If evidence is presented before a lawful court that a defendant IS a risk to others or is mentally unstable, that person should not have access to weapons of any sort until successful completion of treatment.

Billybigrig

Established Member
I think we mostly all agree that it is a mental health issue.

So how would you keep weapons out of the hands of those that shouldn’t Be in possession of a firearm? We know criminals aren’t allowed to possess but somehow they have no problem getting a gun. How do we keep guns away from the less stable people out the?

Serious discussion please

Coiled03

Established Member
I am of course saddened by this cowardly act. I take no pleasure in being right about it.

But when politicians, the talking heads and progressives et al continue to hammer at everyone that its a guns problem it pisses me off. Its a ****ing mental health problem. EVERY. SINGLE. CASE. California even has mental health restrictions on possession ALREADY.

I strongly oppose restricting a Constitutionally guaranteed right in any capacity except for one. If evidence is presented before a lawful court that a defendant IS a risk to others or is mentally unstable, that person should not have access to weapons of any sort until successful completion of treatment.

The problem then becomes who gets to decide who is, and isn't mentally fit. Guarantee you there will be a government position created at the local level, which will then be politicized, and corrupted. The "official" will be bribed, among other things, to ensure certain people can, or can't have guns.

scott9050

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Want to talk about Chicago? make a thread. Otherwise let's talk about this guy
fb_img_1541691724680-jpg.1527573
Don Lemon said white guys were the most dangerous, yet one city, Chicago, has more shooters that aren't in a week than all the mass shootings in the country in a year that are.

Hmmmm.

As far as this guy, mental illness is once again the apparent top factor with police interaction, neighbors reporting him as unstable and him firing a round through a wall yet nothing happened to him.

And the IRONIC thing about this is that Democrats want to disarm black people because of the actions of "Crazy white guys". You just can't make this up.

Remember what Bloomberg said? Of course you don't, your Jim Crow Dems hid it:

Michael Bloomberg blocks footage of Aspen Institute appearance

scott9050

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Don Lemon said white guys were the most dangerous, yet one city, Chicago, has more shooters that aren't in a week than all the mass shootings in the country in a year that are.

Hmmmm.

As far as this guy, mental illness is once again the apparent top factor with police interaction, neighbors reporting him as unstable and him firing a round through a wall yet nothing happened to him.

And the IRONIC thing about this is that Democrats want to disarm black people because of the actions of "Crazy white guys". You just can't make this up.

scott9050

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member

Hmmmm.

Dirks9901

Paint>Vinyl
Established Member
Premium Member
I think we mostly all agree that it is a mental health issue.

So how would you keep weapons out of the hands of those that shouldn’t Be in possession of a firearm? We know criminals aren’t allowed to possess but somehow they have no problem getting a gun. How do we keep guns away from the less stable people out the?

Serious discussion please

There have been individuals capable of this with mental health issues since the beginning of time. There have been firearms in this country since this country was founded. I think there are multiple reasons beyond just mental health. 24 hour new cycle gives then an instant 15 mins of fame. Many shooters seem to have this want and need to be noticed whether its for something good or bad. Go ahead and tell me 1/2 the victims names from the last big shooting? They are rarely mentioned. But the shooter is almost glorified for an extended period of time. Enough to make people actually remember his name.

Its also apparent to me the human population across the globe isn’t as civilized as many would lead you to think. Could of just rambled a bit there but the root cause is highly complex and simply removing guns from the equation will not solve mass killings.

To me, the left wants to remove guns from the population and it has nothing to do with these shootings. Its only an excuse. It will not solve this issue of mass killings. If guns were removed from the equation that only means another tool will be used in its place.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

bdcardinal

I Spend car money on guns
Established Member
Premium Member
A sheepdog with a CCW would have helped. Good luck even getting a whiff of one in the PRK though.

I don't think someone could have legally carried there since they close down the food service after a certain time and just serve drinks.

I went there a few years ago and besides hating every minute there, I noticed it was very easy to get cornered inside. There was only one main entrance/exit that could have been easily blocked. There was an outside patio area but the area below was a wooded area.

bdcardinal

I Spend car money on guns
Established Member
Premium Member
18+ bars with wristbands for 21+ up make no sense to me.

@2KBlackGT You seem a little saltier than normal. you ok?
The bowling alley in my town does this. At some point at night they stop food service so they are considered a bar. Anyone with alcohol gets carded again by security before the Sheriff does their random walkthroughs.

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member

Hmmmm.

I think you're looking for this thread https://www.svtperformance.com/threads/75-people-shot-in-chicago-over-the-weekend.1163402/

Truth hit a little too close to home for you?
Really? you know better than this lol. It obviously hit home for some here, deflecting to Chicago when that has nothing to do with the mass shooting issue we have in this country. And who commits the overwhelming majority of these shootings?
@2KBlackGT You seem a little saltier than normal. you ok?

Man are you crazy? Look how long I've been on this site, this is child's play compared to how it use to be here. Forums are just entertainment for me at this point.

roadracer247

Established Member
Keep the families in your prayers. Another senseless killing. I heard PTSD brought up. Having known someone close to me who killed themselves after returning from serving overseas, it’s awful that he chose to end things this way. Such a shame.

I’ve got relatives in the area and it sounds like my nephews knew some kids that were there and listening to the music. Thankfully they made it out safely.

By the way, making this political is disgusting. I don’t care which side you’re for or against. Get over it. Kids ****ing died and some assholes wanna complain the RightvsLeft. This country has lost its mind...

Users who are viewing this thread