Shop in so cal area for rebuild

2002_svt

Hi Good Afternoon,

About 7* years ago I bought a 2002 Lightning with 25k on the clock. The truck looked and ran amazing. About a year ago I noticed a small leak around the passenger side head gasket/ timing cover area. I cleaned the area and could not find the source of the leak. At about the same time I started having issues where the truck would bog and not accelerate correctly. I dont drive the truck much so one day I pressure washed the bottom of the motor to get all the dirt and oil off and boom the truck went back to running correctly. That lasted about a month and the issue returned. So I took the truck to a shop that specializes in lightings, and a few days later I get a call. The mechanic tells me that the truck is leaking from the timing cover, and that he guesses the oil would leak on the crank position sensor and cause issues. I told him to replace the timing cover seal, and a few days later I get a call back. He tells me that he thinks the motor was not the original motor to the truck. He found scratches on a lot of bolts and signs the motor had been removed from the trans. Also he found signs of rust in the cooling system. I paid him to replace the timing cover seal, service the intercooler and replace the crank sensor. I picked up the truck and the issue remains. I have 64k miles on the truck now. Since the engine has been removed and I have issues I would like to replace or rebuild the motor and go built. Power wise my goal would be about 650hp. I know that I will need supporting mods and a different supercharger to reach my goal. Does anyone have any performance shops in my area they recommend, along with any suggestions in regards to where I should buy a long block from or getting mine rebuilt. Since my truck is a 02 I know i have the issue with the threads on the heads and my truck had blown a spark plug out already prior to me buying it. So im also looking on replacing the heads. Im located in downey ca any help would be appreciated.

Reply Quote

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

Write your reply...

Recommended Reading
Did you find the recommended reading relevant to this discussion?
YesNo
  1. Oiling Issue, Help.
    Gen 2 Lightnings
    • 4175.jpg
      Lifted94XLT · updated May 4, 2011
  2. manny performance
    Gen 2 Lightnings
  3. 02 HD skipping under load
    Harley Davidson Edition F150
  4. Looking to buy a 95' need help
    Gen 1 Lightnings
  5. Burning 1 Quart of Oil PER Tank of Gas! HELP
    Gen 2 Lightnings
  • VerticalScope Inc., 111 Peter Street, Suite 901, Toronto, Ontario, M5V 2H1, Canada

Users who are viewing this thread