Should I put a clearbra on the Boss?

Para81

Established Member
I've never had one, don't know anything about it.

Anybody with input both good and bad would be welcome!

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
I have one on my Mach, wish I had put one on my F150 when I bought it...when it comes back from the body shop Ill throw one on it now after the paints had time to cure. When the fiance gets her new car sometime next year itll be one of the first things it gets

USNjocson

CORPSMAN UP!
Established Member
Slap that sucker on. I wish I had put one on before I started to drive it frequently. Now I have a couple rock chips on the front bumper :-/

Deranged2013

Established Member
They work great. I plan on replacing mine around every 15 or 20k mark. Attracts dirt around the edges but that's better than paint chips

FKing1

Established Member
Have had the 3M plastic on my Corvette for 5+ years.
The cut lines get dirt in them that is impossible to get out& looks bad.
Also, nicks from stones or other hits also get the same dirt thing.
Would not do it again IMO.

traktrbeam

Oh Noes!
Established Member
Premium Member
Yup, for sure. Used x-pel on my headlights / fogs and rear deck under the trunk, so sorry I didn't do the rest of the car. Dirt lines along the installation edges far outweighs rock chips IMO.

racerat

200+mph Boss-O-Matic!
Established Member
Put one on my Boss the first week and I've been very happy with it. It's on the front end, mirrors and behind the rear tires. I also had Opti Coat applied when it was new. Paint still looks awesome with no swirls or scratches!

You have to look really close to see the clear bra.

DSC_0013.jpg

IamRacerX

No brand loyalty rhetoric here.
Established Member
Guys, I hate to rain on the parade here but these clear bras work great for a short period of time. Leave then on to long and they are very difficult to remove. My buddy owns a body shop and he is putting together a video on how bad these actually are for the paint if left on beyond 2-3 years. There are plenty of much less expensive spray on bras that last around a year and cost 1/10 to do. 3M makes one, armor-all, and I have one by Halo EFX. It's similar to what is used when you dip a car, but its clear.

nosympathy

Boss 302
Established Member
I've been thinking of doing the 3M one on mine. The spray on one. Just in the main areas my GT took hits.

So front fenders/bumper/and front end of the hood.

BOSSPOWER

Established Member
I've had mine for close to a year and love it...it has saved me from a lot of rocks...I have the partial hood, bumper, headlights (I have the upgraded OEM HIDS) and the side view mirrors.

Manuel

Users who are viewing this thread