Should I?

tgasTT

Established Member
Just got my new Borla Stinger catback :banana: and I wanted to polish them up. Should I "test fit" them on first or go ahead and start polishing then install? :shrug:

Last edited:

FastNick01

Established Member
You could test fit them, but I doubt you'll have a problem with the borla pipes.

If you have easy access to a lift or big garage why not.

ManNmachine

John 3:16
Established Member
Just got my new Borla Stinger catback :banana: and I wanted to polish them up. Should I "test fit" them on first or go ahead and start polishing then install? :shrug:

...sorry for the noob question, other than the 18" AFS reps. it's my first mod , Cobra's got 2400 miles on it now...

Where did you order from? I am thinking about ordering stingers but looking around for best deal

tgasTT

Established Member
You could test fit them, but I doubt you'll have a problem with the borla pipes.

If you have easy access to a lift or big garage why not.

No access to a lift, but will attempt it in my garage after the polish (too lazy to do it twice) Hopefully I won't run into fitment issues...thanks :beer:

When I got mine I polished it right away and had a shop installed it without any fitment issues :)

Cool...was worried about recent quality issues I read on the interwebz...

Where did you order from? I am thinking about ordering stingers but looking around for best deal

Purchased it here in Canada from 2Kool Perf. $690 plus taxes and shipping...:rockon:

Last edited:

Instigator99

427 whaaaaat?
Established Member
I say polish them first while they are in perfect shape. I wish I would have done mine right away, now I just don't have the motivation to do it...even though I have plenty of time.

-Eric

Bad03Vert

Hello 5.0
Established Member
I hand polished my Steeda catback starting from the tip and went to the slip joint that sits under the rear diff. I left the mufflers and intermediate pipes as is since they won't be seen. Took a good few hours to get it right. I was too lazy to do my Borla stingers that I have now, so I paid a local metal shop to do them for me.

tgasTT

Established Member
A little update, after 5hrs. each pipe and only 1 coat of Mothers Polish (drill buffing attachment took a dump), still gotta do the mufflers. Will post installed pics in 04Sleeper's How To thread.

Taken with my cell phone...

borlapolished015.gif

borlapolished011.gif

borlapolished013.gif

DICobra

Established Member
A little update, after 5hrs. each pipe and only 1 coat of Mothers Polish (drill buffing attachment took a dump), still gotta do the mufflers. Will post installed pics in 04Sleeper's How To thread.

Taken with my cell phone...

borlapolished015.gif

borlapolished011.gif

borlapolished013.gif

Looks very nice :)

Users who are viewing this thread