Shows/meets late July, Calgary/Edmonton

firemedic

EH!
Established Member
Loading up the Cobra and heading out for a roadtrip to Edmonton/Calgary and parts in between with the wife and kids.

Apart from the W. Edmonton Mall, Drumheller, Stampede and other touristy things, we are wondering if there are any Show N Shines or meets planned for the end of July/early Aug., either by local clubs, SVTOA-ALTA., etc.?

Thought while we are sneaking around Alta., we would like to drop by for a show and say hello in person.

If you know of anything coming up, drop me a PM.

Oh, and any good tips on chow halls, comfy stables and common "RCMP speed traps", that would be good too.

Later,
Rob.

04torchred

Established Member
What highway are you going to be travelling? If heading north from Calgary on highway 2 watch out around Olds, Bowden, Leduc. Usually only one cop car but they hid in some pretty dirty spots. I drive from Calgary to Bowden a lot during the summer as it is the route I take to the lake we board at. Let us know when you are stopping by, I am sure Special Blend and I would be able to meet up with you in Calgary.

firemedic

EH!
Established Member
04torchred said:
What highway are you going to be travelling? If heading north from Calgary on highway 2 watch out around Olds, Bowden, Leduc. Usually only one cop car but they hid in some pretty dirty spots. I drive from Calgary to Bowden a lot during the summer as it is the route I take to the lake we board at. Let us know when you are stopping by, I am sure Special Blend and I would be able to meet up with you in Calgary.

Coming in from Jasper along the Yellowhead to Edmonton, then 2 South to Cowtown and points beyond.

Looking to be around 18th of July for a few days. Hope to catch up with you folks.

crouton

Crunchy Cube
Established Member
Calgary cops are usually pretty friendly, and aren't too concerned with speeding or messing around. Just stay out of the school zones and residential / busy areas.

Watch coming into Airdire, there is a RCMP station there that merges onto the highway and they're always out / merging onto the highway to respond to stuff and the majority of them are quick to hand out tickets.

Watch the 2A if you're heading through Crossfield to Carstairs. 100 to 70 zone and they're constantly using that as a speed trap. However, a friend got a ticket there for 15 over, when he was actually doing 90 over. Don't ask me how that worked out, I still can't believe it.

firemedic

EH!
Established Member
Hey all. We have some confirmed dates.

Be into Edmonton June 28th and between Edmonton/Calgary until around the 4/5th. If you guys are heading to a show n shine or cruise, let me know and we would try to drop by.

Maybe see you then.

04torchred

Established Member
Not sure what is going on, but I know there will be about 4 guys from Calgary with Cobras that will meet up with you. We can find a parking lot some place and make our own little show. 2 of the owners should have their Whipples done and ready by then to. Be nice to see another torchred coupe!

I will be in Red Deer on July 1st for a friends wedding so we could meet up there if you happen to be in that area at that time.

Users who are viewing this thread