Sicario - New Drug Movie

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
Anyone else see it this weekend? Didn't really live up to the reviews for me. I thought it was solid, but I guess I had my hopes too high. Read some reviews that were putting it in the same category as No Country for Old Men, no way I agree with that.

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
When I first saw no country I thought it was an ok movie, then I watched it again on encode and watch it Everytime it's on tv. Besides sicario, I still want to see the Martian and black mass.

65x2

Resident Hippie
Established Member
When I first saw no country I thought it was an ok movie, then I watched it again on encode and watch it Everytime it's on tv. Besides sicario, I still want to see the Martian and black mass.
Martian was good, didn't think it compared to black mass though.

HandBanana

Established Member
Johnny Depp looks more ridiculous in his Black Mass ensemble than he did as Cpt Jack Sparrow. I don't know if I could take him seriously. Besides, the Departed was phenomenal, why did we need a re-make?

Dr. Gonzo

We're in Bat Country
Established Member
Premium Member
Black Mass wasn't a remake of The Departed.

The Departed was inspired by Whitey Bulger
Black Mass was based on White Bulger.

It is an apples-to-oranges comparison.

BlueSnake01

Established Member
Johnny Depp looks more ridiculous in his Black Mass ensemble than he did as Cpt Jack Sparrow. I don't know if I could take him seriously. Besides, the Departed was phenomenal, why did we need a re-make?
:kaboom:
FAAAAR from being the same movie
Black Mass wasn't a remake of The Departed.

The Departed was inspired by Whitey Bulger
Black Mass was based on White Bulger.

It is an apples-to-oranges comparison.
Jack’s character was inspired by Whitey but not the movie. The Departed was a “remake” to a Hong Kong Movie called Internal Affairs. This is why people give crap about the Oscars giving Martin an Oscar for his “weakest” movie since it wasn’t an original.

Stanley

Established Member
Premium Member
. matt damon.jpg

Last edited:

nxhappy

Established Member
black mass was just MEH. I almost fell asleep in the theatre is was so ****ing slow.

EB85

Established Member
When I first saw no country I thought it was an ok movie, then I watched it again on encode and watch it Everytime it's on tv.

Same here. Initially it seemed good but super slow. On the second watch through of it, I let myself get absorbed into the tension and now it ranks easily in my top 5 or so. It really is one of those "Shut up, I'm watching this!" kind of movies.

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
Anyone that liked No Country will like Sicario, similar vibe in a way, just not as good. No Country is a masterpiece, Sicario is just a good movie.

VenomousDSG

Get ready to fly!
Established Member
Black mass was a big letdown, wait to see it on DVD or HBO if you haven't seen it yet. Sicario on the other hand looks great.

Users who are viewing this thread