Signed my SOU today...

jliddle

Established Member
Well, finally got the MOS I requested after a longggggg wait. Signed the SOU today. Marine Security Forces PRP - 8152.

I leave for Parris Island on Nov. 14 and cannot wait to start my new career/lifestyle. :rockon:

jerrad

RIP Gump
Established Member
Yeah, most of the people in my flight are finished or finishing their school about now. Lol

Devildog1023

Established Member
If you smoke quit now dont wait...
Humid cold weather+quitting smoking= tons of mucus and passing out from bilateral pneumonia haha

Beerdog80

Crazy Oklahoman
Established Member
Well, finally got the MOS I requested after a longggggg wait. Signed the SOU today. Marine Security Forces PRP - 8152.

I leave for Parris Island on Nov. 14 and cannot wait to start my new career/lifestyle. :rockon:

Good job brother. Only advise I'll give you is make the job and your time in the military work FOR you, not against you.

SonicDTR

Wasn't me.
Established Member
Premium Member
Congrats and good luck!

Take care of any loose ends now, before you're away from home and cant do it.

Winter basic and training oughta be fun. I started mine in the prime of Summer and it was HOT!

F1reStart3r

Flubolaids
Established Member
What is you primary mos? Your secondary mos is 8152. I heard they were converting primary to MP field from 03xx. Also it's "tentatively" guaranteed. You still have to pass your schools and interviews for it. When they start your clearance paperwork, never deviate from what you tell them. Ever. If you say you've been drunk 15 times the first interview, that's your permanent answer. If your story deviates they will dq you. They will also try to trick you (they weed out shit bags this way), so don't fall for it.

Aside from myself (vet), SVTFOCUS2COBRA is a current 8152 at Bangor.

Last edited:

jliddle

Established Member
Congrats and good luck!

Take care of any loose ends now, before you're away from home and cant do it.

Winter basic and training oughta be fun. I started mine in the prime of Summer and it was HOT!

Thanks, and Im working on getting things situated for when Im gone.

What is you primary mos? Your secondary mos is 8152. I heard they were converting primary to MP field from 03xx. Also it's "tentatively" guaranteed. You still have to pass your schools and interviews for it. When they start your clearance paperwork, never deviate from what you tell them. Ever. If you say you've been drunk 15 times the first interview, that's your permanent answer. If your story deviates they will dq you. They will also try to trick you (they weed out shit bags this way), so don't fall for it.

Aside from myself (vet), SVTFOCUS2COBRA is a current 8152 at Bangor.

I was told 03 was my primary. Do you have a rough guess and when all the questioning starts?

Yes, SVTFOCUS2COBRA has answered several questions for me :beer:

F1reStart3r

Flubolaids
Established Member
So you will go to bc, then infantry school, then security forces school and then hit your duty station. You will likely get interviewed in bc, though it could be at any time after that as well. You will probably get called to the Naval Security Group building on PI, there you will go through the interview process where they ask you how many times you've been drunk, have you ever done drugs, criminal record etc. Essentially they are filling out your SF-86 for you. Never deviate from your answers, ever. They will trick you and tell you they can take hair from your head and run a dna test to tell them how much shit you've done, it's all scare tactics.

One thing you will learn as a Marine is to keep your ****ing mouth shut no matter what happens. Hell I went to a one school after I got to my unit and we were taught,
A. Never admit fault or guilt
B. Deny everything
C. Keep your mouth shut
Edit: They seriously taught us this. Especially if something happens in public. In my infantry unit we had some junior Marines do some dumb shit and two sergeants hounded them and threatened them until one broke. They then laughed and told him never to break under any circumstances and never give up your fellow Marines.

You also need to come up with 3 references (people), write down their names, addresses, phone numbers etc. These people can't be related to you, but have to know you well. Keep the info in your wallet. These people need to have known you for years, and back up what you say about yourself. Otherwise you will be fine. Jon can help you with any training questions as doctrine has changed since I was going through it.

Last edited:

bnd3672

Established Member
One thing you will learn as a Marine is to keep your ****ing mouth shut no matter what happens. Hell I went to a one school after I got to my unit and we were taught,
A. Never admit fault or guilt
B. Deny everything
C. Keep your mouth shut
Edit: They seriously taught us this. Especially if something happens in public. In my infantry unit we had some junior Marines do some dumb shit and two sergeants hounded them and threatened them until one broke. They then laughed and told him never to break under any circumstances and never give up your fellow Marines.

I'm not sure why this thread deviated from congratulating somebody on deciding to join, to explaining how to manipulate the interview process, but it's disturbing. You're ethics and morals are a large part of your professionalism as a military member.

I'm not a Marine, but if the culture is truly as described in the post above, then I lose a lot of respect for a group that speaks of "Honor, Courage, Commitment" - I'll give the benefit of the doubt and assume it's an isolated incident by a corrupt group of individuals.

Think about what you're doing - you represent the military, and you're on a public forum giving unsolicited advice which encourages dishonesty among the newest membership? Think about the image you're portraying for the Marines to the public.

Since we've now opened up a new can of worms, my advice to the OP is be honest, and you wont have to remember your lies. We've all done dumb things, myself DEFINITELY included, so be honest about it. If you haven't done anything horrible/weren't a chronic heavy drug user you'll be just fine.
3 Simple Rules to stay out of trouble in the military:

1. Don't be stupid.
2. Don't go to stupid places.
3. Don't hang out with people who do stupid things.

Congratulations on your decision!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread