Silver Dollar 2/16

Montanasvt

Established Member
how did it go?
not good... i only had one decent run and it sucked... 13.8 at 103... 2.2 60' with crazy ass wheel hop... i never knew what wheel hop was till then... i have driven it on the street and felt it but at the track it's tripled!...it felt like my car was gonna fall apart... its my DD so i coasted through the traps every time except for once when it didnt hop to bad... ill try to post up the vid..
I think I saw you at the track. My buddy and I talked to you. He had the white 01 Cobra. When are you going to be out there again?

yea... he ran a 12.6 didn't he...it'll prolly be a while.. i dont think im gonna run my car again unless i happen to come up with some money and swap to a Solid Axle

F8LSNAKE

Established Member
i dont think im gonna run my car again unless i happen to come up with some money and swap to a Solid Axle

You don't necessarily need a solid to stop the wheel hop. Just invest in another set of wheels with some drag radials, et streets or slicks. That's all I needed to get rid of the wheel hop when I had irs.

F8LSNAKE

Established Member
With the irs, 15" wheels will be a tough fit. It requires alot of grinding. I had them on mine, but alot of people aren't that comfortable grinding on suspension parts. 16" wheels will clear with no problem and Mickey Thompson makes drag radials and et streets that fit them. As far as 16" wheels, you could run some sn95 gt wheels(cheaper route) or something nice like a Bogart(expensive route). Then there is the 17" option. 2 more stock cobra wheels with a 275/40/17 mt drag radial or a 26x11.5 et street will work fine. You could also upgrade the the 17x10.5 wheel and run 315/35/17 drag radial. Keep you eyes out in the Market section and you can usually find some pretty good deals on these.

skeeters_20

Established Member
I have that wheel hop problem too. I hate it. Like you said, it sounds like the rear end is gonna just shatter. I know why though, cuz I have really crappy tires(fuzions) that came on the came when I got it.

Ok! What can I do about the stalling problem! Ever since I put that FIPK on the car its been doing it. I heard I need a 2004 flash and that will fix it. But, are there any other solutions?

408GT

8 second club
Established Member
yea... he ran a 12.6 didn't he...it'll prolly be a while.. i dont think im gonna run my car again unless i happen to come up with some money and swap to a Solid Axle

Yeah he got a 12.6x out of it.
If you're looking for some rims to put some Dr's on, I have somewhat of a selection. Just pm me. good luck man!

F8LSNAKE

Established Member
Ok! What can I do about the stalling problem! Ever since I put that FIPK on the car its been doing it. I heard I need a 2004 flash and that will fix it. But, are there any other solutions?

Probably gonna need to be tuned. Did you take it off and put it back to stock to see if it cured the stalling?

Jamie R.

Established Member
F8L is correct, just some drag radials ( Mickey's, M&H, or BFG's) and your wheel hop problem will go away. I have never really had any wheel hop in my car and really the way you drive the car at the track can dictate if you will have wheel hop or to what degree you'll have it. I still have the IRS in my car and I run the 275/40/17 Mickey T Drag Radials, same as I did in the MM&FF's article. Take it easy and Maybe we can meet up at the track sometime!!! Oh yeah, if you have any questions about trying to launch that car pm me and I'll send you my number, I'm just down here in South Ga.

Jamie R.
'01 Silver Cobra on the Cover of MM&FF's August '07 Issue

408GT

8 second club
Established Member
hey what up neighbor? so when ya gonna run that car?

Not much man. I just got a 6-speed for the silver car! There might be some other stuff on the way too! You going to be around this weekend? I might stop by to see the new truck.

Users who are viewing this thread