Sinister04L's Turbo Lightning Build

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
Sinister04L's Turbo Lightning Build

splash_page_sinister04L.jpg

Since I got the truck put together, a lot of people have asked me to put together a build thread, so here it is.

After running the gamut of bolt ons, then a Whipple, then a built engine, I wanted to build my version of the "ultimate" street truck. Something that was fast enough to hang with the awesome Houston street cars, that I could drive anywhere, and I wouldn't sacrifice things like a/c, abs, power accessories, etc. In order to pull that off I came to the conclusion that I'd have to go turbo. The lack of a belt drive was going to free up a lot of horsepower on my street tune. When choosing my turbo, I figured since everything was going to be built custom anyways, and my goal was 700rwhp on my street tune and 1000rwhp on my race tune, I may as well "go big or go home."

The build was done by PSI Motorsports in Webster, TX. They also did the tuning on the stock computer with SCT software. They did an awesome job fabricating all the parts and putting together a system that works great and makes the power I wanted. In normal around town driving the truck is as docile and quiet as a stock truck. When the go pedal is mashed, all hell breaks loose lol. On to the info and pics (most of the pics are from a cell phone, sorry!):

Engine: JDM built, Manley rods and pistons, JDM stage II heads and stage II blower cams.

Transmission: BTS built 4R100, custom 3500 stall PI torque converter, Super Duty transmission cooler.

Turbo system: Precision GT47-88 turbo, Tial 60mm wastegate, Procharger Race bypass valve, NLR AMS-1000 electronic boost controller.

Intercooler system: Precision 1500hp water-air intercooler, modified to be the intake, custom built intercooler reservoir, Fluidyne heat exchanger, Meziere 55gpm intercooler pump, Pushlok lines and fittings.

Fuel system: Fore Precision Works billet triple pump fuel hat, 3 Walbro fuel pumps, -10an feed and -6an return Fragola lines and fittings, Metco billet fuel rails, Aeromotive FPR, AEM injector driver, Racetronix 120# injectors.

Exhaust system: All piping was hand built by PSI in stainless, including 1.75" turbo headers, crossover piping, 4" downpipe, and 4" Magnaflow muffler.

Suspension: Hotchkis coils and leafsprings, QA1/Strange shocks, Metco lower traction bars.

Wheels/tires: 17x7, 17x11 True Forged Victory's, satin black centers, polished lip, 235/70-17's, 390/40-17 M&H DR's.

Interior: Corbeau LG1 black microsuede seats, Expedition center console with custom lid cover, black carpet, Chickenears custom floormats, custom doorsills, aluminum pedals, Autometer Phantom boost and fuel pressure gauges, and Dynojet WBC in a triple pillar pod.

Parts start arriving

Turbo6_logo(2).jpg

Turbo4_logo.jpg

Turbo-Intercooler_logo.jpg

Turbo16_logo.jpg

Placement and fabrication begin

8_logo.jpg

9_logo.jpg

Turbo5-1_logo.jpg

Headers

Turbo7_logo.jpg

Turbo6-1_logo.jpg

Turbo20_logo.jpg

Downpipe

Turbo52_logo.jpg

Turbo23_logo.jpg

Turbo27_logo.jpg

Intercooler/intake

Turbo13_logo.jpg

Turbo50_logo.jpg

Turbo51_logo.jpg

Intercooler system

Turbo53_logo.jpg

Turbo46_logo.jpg

Turbo45_logo.jpg

Finished product

TF20_logo.jpg

TF21_logo.jpg

TF22_logo.jpg

TF17_logo.jpg

TF13_logo.jpg

TF15_logo.jpg

TF18_logo.jpg

Dyno vid

[ame=http://videos.streetfire.net/video/Turbo-Lightning-Dyno_689219.htm]Turbo Lightning Dyno Video - Car Videos on StreetFire[/ame]​

The truck ended up making 718rwhp on my street tune, 15psi and pump gas. The race tune has more left in it with a little more boost and timing. In good weather we're thinking 1100rwhp is achievable. I met my goals and I'm very happy with how it turned out.

Thanks for looking!

Questions and comments can be made in this thread:

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/2nd-generation-22/641738-my-turbo-build-thread.html

Users who are viewing this thread