Skyline (movie)

TripleBlack

FIFAchamp
Established Member
Pretty sick! You guys should check it out, I guess you can say that it isn't your typical alien invasion flick.

Highlight to read further, spoilers ahead...

What is up with the ending? I thought it was going to end like a good horror flick, you know, with 'evil' triumphing over good, but I guess it was exciting to see the main guy still be able to fight back. A part 2 is more than obvious after seeing that.

The scene where the first wave of fighter planes comes is sick! Although cheesy, when you watch that scene you can't help but to think 'America, **** yeah!' lol...

Also what's up with that fighter plane that shoots the nuke? I'm assuming it isn't real? It looked like an updated stealth bomber.

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
I heard it was horrible..BTW, just so you know, not everyone runs the black forum skin, LOL.

Guy Fawkes

Established Member
I swear to god they just ripped off Crysis. They should have just named it crysis and actually include the badass nanosuits.

DaveHutch

Bullets and Cars n stuff
Established Member
you thought it was good? i thought it was the worst movie i have seen in a LONG time!

It was just a new version of independence day where half the movie takes place inside that dudes highrise room......it was like war of the worlds meets independence day. all the "bombers" were fake, and IMO the military war scene was nothing like real. There were like3 actual fighter jets, the rest were all UAVs...and why were there not more choppers/ground troops? anyways.....the movie was OK at best till half way though, then just felt like clover field.....and then got SUPER corny at the end. the ending was EPIC FAIL. please.....save your money people. Put it towards some spark plugs or something.

low03tb

THUNDER UP!
Established Member
Independence Day + War of the Worlds + Cloverfield = Skyline

Seriously though, the trailer looks like they took scenes from each movie and made a new movie called Skyline. WTH haha

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
to me this movie looks liike a rip off of id4 and war of the worlds .......ill wait till it comes out on bluray

Which is funny, because ID4 is a ripoff of the original WotW.

Computer virus at the end = algae virus.

So who the hell cares :shrug: just about every storyline these days is a ripoff of another.

roushcobra2003

Established Member
Hollywood always seem like they bring out 2 versions of the same movie at the same time or a few months apart like takers and the town. We see this again with skyline and Battle: Los Angeles. This looks way better. Check out this preview. [nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORb3zC8z94w"]YouTube - Battle: Los Angeles Trailer HD 1080p[/nomedia]

Daniel

U.S Naval Power
Established Member
Ok I just saw this movie today and thought it was pretty good. But how in the hell can the humans defeat this damn alien race if they can repair themselves. I mean a damn Nuclear blast took down their ship but I can't see how they can be defeated?:shrug: Anyone care to elaborate?

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Hollywood always seem like they bring out 2 versions of the same movie at the same time or a few months apart like takers and the town.

Agreed.

I remember there was "Deep Impact" and then "Armageddon Day". "Volcano" and "Dante's Peak". Those two comparo's really stick out in this respect.

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member

Users who are viewing this thread