SLP Exhaust Comments...

Bob Cosby

Established Member
When I did my live axle swap about 2 months ago, I also installed an SLP catted X-pipe and catback. The original catback was the Loudmouth II, which for me, was simply too loud. After about a month, I swapped the Loudmouth II bullet mufflers for a set of their "Pro-Flow" mufflers - which I much prefer. It is quieter, doesn't have that "raspy" sound of the Loudmouth, but still provides a nice tone at both WOT and going down the road.

SLP uses a "slip fit" setup that really makes things easy to install (and also allowed me to easily change mufflers). That goes for both the catback and the X-pipe. I'm very happy with the quality, installation, and sound. I'd recommend them to anybody looking for a nice setup for the Cobra (or any other Mustang for that matter).

FYI...my catback is the one that would fit 99+ GT/Mach 1, but they have them for Cobra's too.

DSG2003

Established Member
I love my SLP exhaust. Too loud that is true. I gained 31 rwhp with it.

DannySE99

Established Member
Bob Cosby said:
When I did my live axle swap about 2 months ago, I also installed an SLP catted X-pipe and catback. The original catback was the Loudmouth II, which for me, was simply too loud. After about a month, I swapped the Loudmouth II bullet mufflers for a set of their "Pro-Flow" mufflers - which I much prefer. It is quieter, doesn't have that "raspy" sound of the Loudmouth, but still provides a nice tone at both WOT and going down the road.

SLP uses a "slip fit" setup that really makes things easy to install (and also allowed me to easily change mufflers). That goes for both the catback and the X-pipe. I'm very happy with the quality, installation, and sound. I'd recommend them to anybody looking for a nice setup for the Cobra (or any other Mustang for that matter).

FYI...my catback is the one that would fit 99+ GT/Mach 1, but they have them for Cobra's too.

A bit loud but I can't complain. Question for you... does it get much louder when you add their X-pipes on there? I just have the CB and it's loud... I'm not sure if I would like it louder that what it is now.

Danny.

Bob Cosby

Established Member
I can't answer for sure, but I suspect it will get a bit louder, simply because you're going from 4 cats to two (and they are pretty small).

vegaspackerfan

13 NFL championships!
Established Member
I LOVE MY CATTED SLP X with the LM II catback.

I get alot of comments from people who say. I never liked the sound of a SLP. But yours sounds great.

DSG2003

Established Member
Yep mine took 8 days. They are in no rush too get it too your house. It took 3 days just too get it to UPS add that on to the 8 days and you now have 11 days. Worth the wait.

Users who are viewing this thread