sn95 body 03 cobra motor swap

pyro1998

Established Member
I started the swap a week ago the motors are swapped but I have run into a couple of problems. First is radiator I have the 03 radiator but its to long for the sn95 body, I guess I just need to use a sn95 V8 radiator? Also i have hood clearance issues, ideas out there. and last for now, the brake lines from the hydro-boost unit to the sn95 proportional valve, what has anyone else done with that.

crazycarlo

Established Member
There are a few good write ups out there. Ill try to address the issues.

Hood: you will need a 2.8 or smaller upper pulley and you need to notch the good where the IAC is or get a dragon plenum.

Radiator: I used my stock 98 radiator and it works fine.

Hydro boost: did you mean the lines from the p/s pump? I actually had to have a custom one made because I used the 98 hydro boost and the 03 pump. I also had to source the correct line that goes over the top of the reservoir.

PACIFICGREENSVT

Established Member
Pics & a little info
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?836644-04-Swap-done/page2

th_IMG_3389_zpsvbh9t2gw.jpg

Last edited:

pyro1998

Established Member
I just need the brake lines from the master cylinder to the proportional valve. I am using the 03 pump and hydro-boost going to the 96 proportional valve. I'm new to superchargers will a smaller upper pulley make more boost or less? I figured I would need a sn95 V8 radiator. Guess I have a 45,000 mile cobra radiator and new fan for sale lol.

pyro1998

Established Member
Got my stifflers transmission cross member in today now the motor is sitting where it should be. And started taking the front wiring out.

pyro1998

Established Member
Well new problem tonight, I got the steering column out and just to see what the air bag was going to look like I took it inside the house and found out the 95 air bag will not plug into the 03 column.

pyro1998

Established Member
Can't find a radiator that will work, I ordered a 96 sn95 V8 radiator and it don't fit wth

crazycarlo

Established Member
What problem are you having with the radiators? I used my 98 and others used the 03. As far as I know both will work.

pyro1998

Established Member
To wide at the bottom, won't fit in the rubber bushings, and the top mounts don't even come close. I guess the top mounts are different for the V8 and the V6 but I don't know what to do about the bottom mounts.

pyro1998

Established Member
Just figured it out, I have to use a 96 radiator. 97 and up uses a wider and taller radiator.

pyro1998

Established Member
I need some detailed pictures of the passenger side fire wall trying to figure out vaccum hose routing

Users who are viewing this thread