SN95/New Edge centri guys - show me your catch can setup

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
bumping my own old ass thread...

driver side of the car has a JLT inline little catch can seems to do the job just fine but the pass side is a mess. I think it being connected to the Procharger inlet tube is just too much vacuum.

if I run a vented catch can like this:

Billet Engine Breather Tank Oil Separator

can I just run a hose from the pass side valve cover to this can and call it good? Is it better to run both hoses to the same can and just cap off the port on the intake?

lastly I see they have 8, 10 and 12 an sizes. does it really need the bigger hose?

01yellercobra

Established Member
You can run separate tanks, but I would make sure both side are disconnected from the intake. It might be easier/cleaner to run two tanks depending on where you put them. I'd say at least -10 since you have a lot of air going through the engine.

I installed one of the those Harpell Auto Fabs tanks on a buddies car. We bolted it to the bumper support in front of the passenger tire. I ran one line down the support and the other down by the radiator. Came out pretty clean. He still needs to add a drain line though to make it easy to drain.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
My catchcan setup is for sale if u wanted
bumping my own old ass thread...

driver side of the car has a JLT inline little catch can seems to do the job just fine but the pass side is a mess. I think it being connected to the Procharger inlet tube is just too much vacuum.

if I run a vented catch can like this:

Billet Engine Breather Tank Oil Separator

can I just run a hose from the pass side valve cover to this can and call it good? Is it better to run both hoses to the same can and just cap off the port on the intake?

lastly I see they have 8, 10 and 12 an sizes. does it really need the bigger hose?
my setup is for sale if you’re interested

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
You can run separate tanks, but I would make sure both side are disconnected from the intake. It might be easier/cleaner to run two tanks depending on where you put them. I'd say at least -10 since you have a lot of air going through the engine.

I installed one of the those Harpell Auto Fabs tanks on a buddies car. We bolted it to the bumper support in front of the passenger tire. I ran one line down the support and the other down by the radiator. Came out pretty clean. He still needs to add a drain line though to make it easy to drain.

any pics by chance?

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
IMG_6444.jpeg
IMG_6445.jpeg
IMG_4085.jpeg

trueblue03gt

Established Member
I fail to see why that catch can has both a breather and another port. Just ensure the whole intake tract is sealed up; otherwise, you'll get a vacuum leak. To be honest, I'd just keep two reservoirs, it'll look cleaner than all the hoses routed around.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
I fail to see why that catch can has both a breather and another port. Just ensure the whole intake tract is sealed up; otherwise, you'll get a vacuum leak. To be honest, I'd just keep two reservoirs, it'll look cleaner than all the hoses routed around.
You don’t understand how crank case pressure works bud

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
No need to get accusatory, just curious why it has it. Wouldn’t it just create a vacuum leak?
I didn’t meant it be accusatory. No it’s not a vacuum leak. This is relieving pressure in the casing of the motor. Valve covers timing covers oil pan etc. you want as minimal as possible. In those areas. Everything intake side is plugged or gone.

Think about big time racers if you’ve ever watched street outlaw or nhra. You ever notice out the trunk has almost like a chimney coming out of it and it looks like air is flowing out?

That’s the crank case pressure releasing they run huge -16 sometimes bigger lines to a tank in the back of the car from the valve covers. Those engine create so much pressure from compression that if it didn’t release the gaskets would be destroyed on start up

For my particular motor I had big compression and big boost. Dual catch cans were a must on my setup. It does have dual ports if you wanted to run two lines to one can. If u look closely they’re capped on both tanks

Now Id you’re looking at stock engines if you didn’t plug the intake side then yes there would be a huge vacuum leak. You have to plug the intake side so air doesn’t escape

Also sorry for the quick post before. I just looked u up and you’re 17. So that’s my bad. I joined here when I was 17 lol and I think I get caught up in that most people are older here so I don’t give the break downs nearly as much anymore. So my bad . Keep learning and asking question bud

trueblue03gt

Established Member
I didn’t meant it be accusatory. No it’s not a vacuum leak. This is relieving pressure in the casing of the motor. Valve covers timing covers oil pan etc. you want as minimal as possible. In those areas. Everything intake side is plugged or gone.

Think about big time racers if you’ve ever watched street outlaw or nhra. You ever notice out the trunk has almost like a chimney coming out of it and it looks like air is flowing out?

That’s the crank case pressure releasing they run huge -16 sometimes bigger lines to a tank in the back of the car from the valve covers. Those engine create so much pressure from compression that if it didn’t release the gaskets would be destroyed on start up

For my particular motor I had big compression and big boost. Dual catch cans were a must on my setup. It does have dual ports if you wanted to run two lines to one can. If u look closely they’re capped on both tanks

Now Id you’re looking at stock engines if you didn’t plug the intake side then yes there would be a huge vacuum leak. You have to plug the intake side so air doesn’t escape

Also sorry for the quick post before. I just looked u up and you’re 17. So that’s my bad. I joined here when I was 17 lol and I think I get caught up in that most people are older here so I don’t give the break downs nearly as much anymore. So my bad . Keep learning and asking question bud
Gotcha Gotcha. So on a big boost, high comp motor, you don't need it hooked up to the intake because its already producing enough blowby to evacuate the gases without the intake sucking them out? Thanks for giving me the break down.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Gotcha Gotcha. So on a big boost, high comp motor, you don't need it hooked up to the intake because its already producing enough blowby to evacuate the gases without the intake sucking them out? Thanks for giving me the break down.
I mean in any engine combo it helps. Big or small. The only reason it circulates back is because of the epa.

droptop2v

Established Member
I mean in any engine combo it helps. Big or small. The only reason it circulates back is because of the epa.
Would you have any insight on how vacuum/IAC lines should be setup with a catch can on a v3 kit for a 2v?

trueblue03gt

Established Member
Would you have any insight on how vacuum/IAC lines should be setup with a catch can on a v3 kit for a 2v?

I just went through this with my 2V. The IAC should be anywhere post MAF. Ideally, far away from the MAF as to not mess up readings. I have a blow through MAF and the IAC is about 8” away, near the throttle body, post blower. The red vacuum line from the throttle body can be left stock.

droptop2v

Established Member
I just went through this with my 2V. The IAC should be anywhere post MAF. Ideally, far away from the MAF as to not mess up readings. I have a blow through MAF and the IAC is about 8” away, near the throttle body, post blower. The red vacuum line from the throttle body can be left stock.
I went with the aftercooler kit for mine, no blowthrough setup here :( seems like its the simpler route to be honest, Ive seen very very a/w setups.

Ive got 3 bungs on the inlet post MAF, the largest is for the IAC I believe, the other 2 I'm guessing would be for PCV? There's another below where I have a bypass connected but there's another bypass up by the intake manifold where the IAC would normally go.

trueblue03gt

Established Member
I went with the aftercooler kit for mine, no blowthrough setup here :( seems like its the simpler route to be honest, Ive seen very very a/w setups.

Ive got 3 bungs on the inlet post MAF, the largest is for the IAC I believe, the other 2 I'm guessing would be for PCV? There's another below where I have a bypass connected but there's another bypass up by the intake manifold where the IAC would normally go.
Just replied to your other post. For any people looking at this, wondering whether to buy an A/A kit or an A/W kit, the A/A is gonna be easier, although it requires more cutting than the A/W. There are plenty of good A/A intercoolers available, but there are not many good A/W intercoolers that'll fit between the blower and the throttle body.

Users who are viewing this thread