SN95/New Edge people - intercooler piping?

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
I have the full procharger kit but I can't stand the bypass valve location pointing right at the damned ground. I need the BRRV and it's like the Tasmanian dirt devil coming down the road. I want to move it to an elbow around the driver side of the radiator support but procharger has a rubber elbow there.

Is calling CX racing and seeing if they will sell me just the head unit to intercooler half of the kit my best option here? Seeing how I'd need to do something about the pipe off the blower once I cut off the BRRV flange to relocate it, Im sure the pipe could be patched but I'd rather not

robvas

Established Member
Thought about adding a second valve to quiet it down or one you can put a filter on?

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
Thought about adding a second valve to quiet it down or one you can put a filter on?

I have both the open and “recirculating” valve. The recirculating valve makes this god awful high pitch/howling sound. Even with a radiator hose directing it away from the ground the noise sucks. I also tried a filter, first pull to redline it was cleared for take off and never seen again

The open valve is a less annoying noise wise but can’t keep it from blowing dirt up off the ground in the current position

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
CX racing wont break up the kit, not gonna pay for a bunch of pipe I dont need. I'll take some measurements on the Procharger stuff and start looking at individual pieces

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
That's pretty much what I did. I had the Tial 50mm open set up. The down side is that it was mounted in the straight pipe that ran next to the radiator. It was in that little enclosed area which I think added to the noise.

Slow 99

Nothing to see here
Established Member
I put my brrv right after the procharger between the engine and the radiator. It sounds extremely loud when you are going anywhere plus the vacuum hose routing is much simpler. try this link and see what you think. You'll have to go with the tial q50 tho

Last edited:

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
I put my brrv right after the procharger between the engine and the radiator. It sounds extremely loud when you are going anywhere plus the vacuum hose routing is much simpler. try this link and see what you think. You'll have to go with the tial q50 tho

Looks like basically where procharger puts it, my issue is on that angle it blows all kinds of shit up off the ground and makes a mess.

omj

Established Member
I wrapped foam around my Tial Q50 and it made a big difference. It needs to be replaced every 2-3k but it's worth it.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
So your looking at mounting into something like this?

ATP turbo BOV elbow

actually ya, too bad the BRRV uses a different flange. Something to look into though. With that I could just trim my rubber couplers and put that in the middle

edit: I see its available with no flange...I believe the procharger kit is 3" piping looks liek this is 2.5"

MachMech

Established Member
actually ya, too bad the BRRV uses a different flange. Something to look into though. With that I could just trim my rubber couplers and put that in the middle

edit: I see its available with no flange...I believe the procharger kit is 3" piping looks liek this is 2.5"
Yeah, I wasn't sure if you were open to switching to the TiAL Q valve or if there was a compatible flange available since they threaded on.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
Yeah, I wasn't sure if you were open to switching to the TiAL Q valve or if there was a compatible flange available since they threaded on.

Ya, Id consider it, I can get my money back on the BRRV pieces and itd be less work. the BRRV flange is pretty unique - it sits flat and youve got 6 or 8 screws that go through the plate into the body of the valve to attach it

JetmechF16

Under Pressure
Established Member
Premium Member
Top Shelf Gentlemen
Is there a decent fab shop around you? I had one make all of my piping from scratch and mounted the BRRV (enclosed version) right off the blower housing with a radiator hose redirecting the air towards the headers. I don't run a blower filter so can't have dust/dirt being kicked up. 3" aluminum from blower to i/c, 3.5" to t/b.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
Is there a decent fab shop around you? I had one make all of my piping from scratch and mounted the BRRV (enclosed version) right off the blower housing with a radiator hose redirecting the air towards the headers. I don't run a blower filter so can't have dust/dirt being kicked up. 3" aluminum from blower to i/c, 3.5" to t/b.
i found a radiator hose that keeps the enclosed valve from making a mess but I cannot stand the way it sounds, with this high pitched howling sound. The loud air noises of the open valve aren't nearly as obnoxious

JetmechF16

Under Pressure
Established Member
Premium Member
Top Shelf Gentlemen
i found a radiator hose that keeps the enclosed valve from making a mess but I cannot stand the way it sounds, with this high pitched howling sound. The loud air noises of the open valve aren't nearly as obnoxious
Ok gotcha, that's weird, I can't tell a difference between mine and the open styles. Does it make that noise without the hose too?

omj

Established Member
FYI--The Tial Q flows about 20% of what the big valve flows. I swapped to it because it was more quiet but then I got flutter. :(

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member

@JetmechF16

that high pitch sound when he brings the rpms up a little is the enclosed BRRV, towards the end he's got the rpms pretty steady and its just howling away - in this video there is no hose on it, just the open "mouth"

Users who are viewing this thread