SN95/New Edge people - intercooler piping?

JetmechF16

Under Pressure
Established Member
Premium Member
Top Shelf Gentlemen

@JetmechF16

that high pitch sound when he brings the rpms up a little is the enclosed BRRV, towards the end he's got the rpms pretty steady and its just howling away - in this video there is no hose on it, just the open "mouth"
Damn that is annoying, mine isn't that high pitched, not sure if it's the size of the blower or directing the air down by the headers that makes the difference.

Last edited:

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
Damn that is annoying, mine isn't that high pitched, not sure if it's the size of the blower or directing the air down by the headers that makes the difference.
I ****ing hate it and procharger is useless in trying to verify how to adjust it

It might be your blower, when I get above 2300 rpm or so it goes away and just an air vent sound

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
I ****ing hate it and procharger is useless in trying to verify how to adjust it

It might be your blower, when I get above 2300 rpm or so it goes away and just an air vent sound
I had that same issue with my Tial. A little above or a little below the cruising RPM it would get quiet. But right at freeway speeds it was loud. It was one of the reasons I wanted to drop to 3.55's from the 3.90's I had.

I don't believe there's a way to adjust those BOV's like the turbo guys. They have to be set up a certain way to work with the blower. That's why Tial has a specific spring for supercharger set ups.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
I had that same issue with my Tial. A little above or a little below the cruising RPM it would get quiet. But right at freeway speeds it was loud. It was one of the reasons I wanted to drop to 3.55's from the 3.90's I had.

I don't believe there's a way to adjust those BOV's like the turbo guys. They have to be set up a certain way to work with the blower. That's why Tial has a specific spring for supercharger set ups.

there is a way to calibrate the BRRV - it has an adjustment screw to set how the diaphragm will respond to vacuum - make sure its fully open off the throttle and fully closed @ wot. The bolt in the center is how its done, thats why it has 2 nuts to act as a jamb nut.

therealshocker

Established Member
I have mine mounted in the piece of pipe you see behind the trans cooler. Sorry, only pic I could find. It’s basically in the bumper cover and doesn’t blow up dust. I had one setup like yours first and it was obnoxious lol

Attachments

• C464392A-708E-4117-80E3-C82C7BD0F22C.jpeg
    C464392A-708E-4117-80E3-C82C7BD0F22C.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 101

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
I have mine mounted in the piece of pipe you see behind the trans cooler. Sorry, only pic I could find. It’s basically in the bumper cover and doesn’t blow up dust. I had one setup like yours first and it was obnoxious lol

hmmm ya that might be the ticket, I need to crawl under it and look around, just been busy/lazy

Alexander e martin

Well, you can relocate the BRRV to the driver side of the radiator support using a 90 degree elbow. You will need to order this elbow and get another hose, as the supplied long one will not reach. I'm not sure which one you need, but you can ask your local auto parts place. Another option is with the help of a plumber you can fix a 4 inch buffer pipe to BRRV.

JGDogg10

Established Member

Here’s how I redid mine. I just bought the piping and couplers from www.siliconeintakes.com the cut and rolled all the piping to make it all fit. Blowoff valve still kicks up a little dust but no where near what it did when I had it directly after the blower on the diagonal pipe going down. I didn’t want the air coming out of the blowoff valve to slow down the radiator fan at all, and with the ports facing the ground it was blowing up a ton of dust.

I have the tial q50 with the supercharger spring and haven’t dealt with any flutter. Not sure how much boost the person who got flutter was running, but my car was pushing 28lbs of boost and it was fine.

Hopefully the link works and the quality isn’t crap hah

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Last edited:

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member

Here’s how I redid mine. I just bought the piping and couplers from www.siliconeintakes.com the cut and rolled all the piping to make it all fit. Blowoff valve still kicks up a little dust but no where near what it did when I had it directly after the blower on the diagonal pipe going down. I didn’t want the air coming out of the blowoff valve to slow down the radiator fan at all, and with the ports facing the ground it was blowing up a ton of dust.

I have the tial q50 with the supercharger spring and haven’t dealt with any flutter. Not sure how much boost the person who got flutter was running, but my car was pushing 28lbs of boost and it was fine.

Hopefully the link works and the quality isn’t crap hah

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

coming back around to this - says shared photo not available.

Users who are viewing this thread