• Welcome to SVTPerformance!

So after a few months of owning a termi.

Discussion in 'Terminator Talk' started by sean r, Jan 31, 2013.

1. sean r

sean r New Member Established Member

And getting out of drag racing a chevy nitrous 69 camaro. The 1 thing ive learned when buying parts for these cars is its hard as hell to get parts for these things. Im used to calling venders and getting a tracking # a hour or 2 later and having my parts in 3 days. With this stuff what they have listed on venders sites is never in stock and if you call around nobody carries stuff listed on there sites in stock even the companies that make the parts dont have the parts on hand and so on. By the time it takes to get a lower pulley kit or stainless headers you could have called steve schmidt and got a 632 making 1800hp on 2 stages built from scratch and delivered to your door. Has it always been like this or is it that with the economy the way it is they just dont carry the stock they used to.:shrug:

2. Instigator99

Instigator99 427 whaaaaat? Established Member

You just need to make sure you're calling the right vendors. I've never had any issues with some of our sponsors.

-Eric

3. JDUB348

JDUB348 Active Member Established Member

Tousley and summit racing have always shipped the stuff i ordered hella fast. Lethalperformance is a little slower some times, but they always get me what i need

4. crazycarlo

crazycarlo Well-Known Member Established Member

What were you trying to order and from where? Most places Ive ever dealt with have had most of it in stock and shipped out rather quick unless it was a holiday or something.

5. MBoyle1

MBoyle1 redfire Established Member

Lethal!3 days max shipping!!

6. sean r

I have ordered from a site sponsor. 3 orders 2 on jan 22 and 1 on the 23rd. and have nothing. Some of the stuff I do understand not being here cause I ordered arh headers which I now found out after not getting any traking after a week I called and found out after they are built to order at arh. 2nd item ordered was a metco lower pulley kit which after a week and no tracking number I called found it never shipped from metco as they are machining parts and dont have a completed kit ready to ship. 3rd was a whipple 2.3 single blade blower inlet which I didnt even bother checking on because theres no tracking number or anything so im sure its the same deal. Cant blame the site vender but like mentioned suprised that the venders or suppliers dont have any of there products ready to go. Suprised that the vender hasnt given any updates letting me know of these problems till I called this week wondering where the stuff is though. I know you guys on here dont like lfp but I have placed 3 orders with them now and the parts have shown up in about 4 days after shipping with no problems and very good prices. The hood vents look great and are on the car. The sb/tb and pulley look real nice and are just waiting for the other parts to show.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2013
  7. sean r

Btw like somebody said summit is quick. I wish summit and jegs carried this stuff but they dont. Ive dealt with them for years and they are top notch. And with having a nhra licence they give a very big discount on some stuff. Ive had the best luck with jegs. Within 20 minutes a invoice is emailed and A few hours later the tracking # and from there its 3 days to where I live with ground service. Guess I was spoiled with that service.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2013
  8. KLLR SNK

KLLR SNK Active Member Established Member

I think the bigger problem the OP may be referring to is the failure of Ford Motor Company supporting their products. Too many parts have been "discontinued" on these cars, automobiles that are 10 years old or less. I can't believe Ford doesn't license their parts and provide tooling to an aftermarket company for reproduction to satisfy the needs of their customers. Evidently Ford is aiming for the disposable car market: drive them until they quit running or are wrecked and sent to the salvage yard, then buy a new replacement. Doesn't Europe have a policy where autos cannot be over 7 years old? Summit, Steeda, American Muscle have all been good in aftermarket products.

9. sean r

Thanks for the reply but actually these are all aftermarket parts ive ordered. I havnt had to get anything from ford exept I ordered new oem ex gaskets and new nuts and some extra studs incase some snap for the header install from tousley ford and the parts showed up quick.

10. sean r

It does seem as though buying one of these cars now and trying to add mods your a little late to the game. Looking around at the companies ive wanted to order from you cant get pullies or tb from billitflow or rr with only a few sizes left on venders shelves that wernt what I needed. posi to maybe port the blower inlet closed?. I wanted to get one of those terminator pltates that go near the radiator but there no longer made and the list goes on. Im glad I bought a already pretty well modded car because if you had to start modding it from scratch it would be a nightmare.

11. supraman1990

supraman1990 Active Member Established Member

I bought my car nearly stock a little less than a year ago, and Ill say that it has quite a few mods done to it. You just have to know who and where to order from. I ordered a metco lower from a vendor on ebay because thats the best price I found and got it in about 4 days. Idk what your speaking of about BF not making pulleys any more as I ordered one from them about a month ago with no issue. Like others have said it just depends who you order from. I can see a lot of stuff being out of stock right now after christmas and now tax time, but it shouldnt be too extreme.

12. jdgt03

jdgt03 Member Established Member

I wish summit racing carried more stuff for 03/04's, Im about 4 hours from one of there big stores, I usually get stuff next day paying ground shipping!! I love that.

13. sean r

supraman it was The black billitflow throttle body with terminator inscribed I could not find find and the pulley was a reichard racing 3.25 for a whipple. I did check on ebay and google for the metco lower saw at least a dozon listings and called them all not 1 had it in stock complete even though there listings state like 10 avalible. metco is about to finish some parts to have them back avalible a few days now per metco. I guess its just a bad time the year and my luck. Have a good weekend folks:beer:.

14. sean r

Gotta love it. the bs continues. After calling around about a dozen places for the lower pulley kit I came across (LAST CALL RACING) with a listing for it somwhere either ebay or when I googled cobra lower pulley kit. Spoke to the owner and told him I WAS IN A JAM AND CANT FIND A PULLEY KIT AND NEED IT FOR MID WEEK NEXT WEEK . He said they have the lfp kit in stock. figuring that they would just order from lfp and have it drop shipped i told them I talked to mark at lfp and they dont have any hubs in stock and that I need it for mid week next week. So he said let me check and I will call you back. He calls back and says yes its in stock. So i grill him and say so if I place the order I will be getting a tracking # and he say I will send the invoice and right after the tracking # so I said ok and make the purchase. check email thursday nothing so I email them for the info and tracking #. sends me a invoice that says sent. friday I call where is the tracking #. (LAST CALL RACING) We dont have it. Me-Can you please get the info I am trying to get the car to a out of state tuner mid week next week. micheal from last call racing says yes i will check and call you back. after a few hours nothing. I call and no answer week over. got bullshitted to and charged my card. Sorry for the long venting post wondering if i should call the cc company.